Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermitent Connection

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: intermitent Connection

Do you mean connecting an ethernet cable from the router to my laptop? 

Yes.

Surely this is skirting the problem?

It'll narrow down where the problem could lie and confirm or rule out an issue with WiFi.

I appreciate you're trying to help, but I pay for wireless internet. Is there not somebody who can come & look at what's going on & fix it?

Unfortunately we can't arrange an engineer to investigate a wireless issue, because our suppliers are only responsible for the Openreach network outside of your home. It's worth noting that the service we're providing is a broadband connection coming into your master socket, that wireless connections can't be guaranteed due to the way they work.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ThreeNineteen
Dabbler

Evening,

Well, the wired connection is much more stable, but I only tested it for 7 mins. In that time, it didn't drop or slow once. So, this may be the problem.

Did you want me to test it for longer? Any idea how to proceed?

Many thanks.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Hiya @ThreeNineteen. I'd continue to use the wired connection for at least 24 hours if you could. If it remains stable in there, but fails again if you revert to wireless, it is a wireless problem, and sadly, as has been said, not something Plusnet can resolve.

John
ThreeNineteen
Dabbler

Hey @jab1, good to see you.

The only problem with this, is that my wired port is in the corner of my bedroom, about as far away from my workspace as you could get (3 - 4m). Still, it's worth trying.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @ThreeNineteen, thanks for getting back to us.

We can certainly appreciate the inconvenience moving your set up is likely to cause and can only apologise for this.

Unfortunately, it's the best shot we have at determining whether this is indeed a wireless only problem.

Please let us all know how you get on.