Did you mean: 

intermitent Connection

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: intermitent Connection

Hi @ThreeNineteen,

I'm sorry to hear that your connection became poor again yesterday. I've tested your line but the test isn't picking up any problems from here at the moment:

xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: CBUKXXXXXXXXX Service ID: BBEUXXXXXXXX
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 17-12-2018 16:36:25
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 7.8 16.5
SNR Margin: 6.5 6.0
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 13680837 367643351
Speed: 1251 17795

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 18176 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 14541
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: A Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 3600
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

Is your connection looking any better today?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ThreeNineteen
Dabbler

Evening @EmilyD,

I'm still having to refresh things all the time, & it's taking time for certain pages to load.
My computer isn't ancient, & my adblock software takes care of most bumf, so pages are fairly quick loading when the connection is working.

It's a mystery to me, if all appears to be problem - free.

Thanks for replying.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @ThreeNineteen, thanks for your post.

On further testing, I've located a fault with the MDF at the local exchange.

I've raised this to Openreach for repair and we've received an estimated response time of by 23:59 on 19/12/2018.

Please bear in mind this is an estimate and the issue may be resolved sooner.

ThreeNineteen
Dabbler

Hi @OskarPapa,

So there's a physical problem with the exchange affecting the line?

Could this be the sole reason for 2 - 3 months intermittent connection?

Many thanks

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Afternoon @ThreeNineteen Sorry for my late reply, but suddenly struck me I have two days to prepare for hols and I have (or more correctly, now, had) quite a bit to do.

Looks like the PN team are on to this now, so I hope I can safely leave it with them. I won't forget this thread, though, I'll keep my eyes on it until it gets sorted.

Thanks for asking, and the answer is 'not too bad, thanks'Smiley. A bit of a mad panic earlier, but now nearly sorted, just last-minute odds and ends to sort, then three weeks in sunny Sussex.Cheesy

John
ThreeNineteen
Dabbler

Yes, I woke up this morning & it hit me that Xmas is next week. Let's hope the team can sort it, & my thanks again for keeping an eye out.

If I don't "speak" to you before, have a lovely Xmas & New Year, * hopefully the sunny weather will hold for you!

Grin

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @ThreeNineteen,

It's hard to say at this stage whether or not this fault that's been detected is the cause of the issues that you've been experiencing or not. Once we've received a further update from our suppliers regarding this fault we'll let you know and see how the connection performs at that stage.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@ThreeNineteen wrote:

Yes, I woke up this morning & it hit me that Xmas is next week. Let's hope the team can sort it, & my thanks again for keeping an eye out.

If I don't "speak" to you before, have a lovely Xmas & New Year, * hopefully the sunny weather will hold for you!

Grin

No problem keeping an eye on it, but it may be a bit sporadic until I get back home.

All the best to you, too. Smiley

John
ThreeNineteen
Dabbler

C'mon Plusnet, I'm getting really frustrated..

Openreach rang me on the 18/12, saying they heard there was a problem with my line. I said "No, there's a problem with my Internet connection".

They sent an engineer, Glyn, to my exchange the next day (19/12) & "fixed the problem". It was better for 2hrs. Since then, I've had payments & bank transfers that won't go through as the connection drops. Which makes life difficult, as everything is Internet. It is just as bad, or worse than it first appeared.

So, please, PLEASE can you get this sorted out? All I get is "No Access to the Internet. You are connected, but check if you have a blah, blah, blah.."

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @ThreeNineteen,

I'm sorry that you are still experiencing connection drops and for the inconvenience that this is causing you.

I've tested your line and the external fault has now cleared but the test has found an issue with one of the line settings. The signal to noise ratio (SNR) is too low for the length of your line. The SNR helps the line to remain stable and unaffected by noise or interference on the line. The higher the setting for SNR, the higher the level of noise can be tolerated.

The SNR for your line was set too low for the amount of interference we'd expect to see, so by increasing this we expect the connection to now stabilise and for the information to be received without interference. Please monitor the connection over the next couple of days and let us know if this has not resolved the issue.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ThreeNineteen
Dabbler

Thanks @EmilyD, I'm sorry if I came across badly, I'm just frustrated.

OK, I'll keep an eye on it. Wishing you & all the staff there a Happy New Year.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @ThreeNineteen,

That's no problem at all and I understand how frustrating intermittent connection issues can be. Hopefully, your line will settle down now that the settings have been changed but please let us know if you're still experiencing any connection problems after the next few days.

Happy New Year to you too!

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ThreeNineteen
Dabbler

Hello Plusnet,

Well, it was better up until the 11/01, & as of the weekend it was back to it's old self, dropping every 2 - 10 mins.
When it's like "this", which is usually 4 - 6 days a week: - I can't stream anything above 360ps, my online banking & Paypal drop so it's difficult to make payments, & on one occasion it went through twice.

I also have to copy & paste every email or message (including this one), into Notepad because as soon as I press "Post", it will drop, & my message is lost. (It did).

Is this a Plusnet problem, or a location / maintenance problem? Because there's no point switching from you, if I'm going to have the same terrible connection with another provider.

Many thanks for your time.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that your issues have returned.

It looks like the physical connection is very stable as shown below

In addition the settings that were changed are still set correctly. Is it possible for you to try a wired connection at all?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ThreeNineteen
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Matthew, this is my second attempt at replying, as the first one "dropped".

Do you mean connecting an ethernet cable from the router to my laptop? Surely this is skirting the problem?

I appreciate you're trying to help, but I pay for wireless internet. Is there not somebody who can come & look at what's going on & fix it?