cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interleaving,

MickHowes1
Grafter

interleaving,

Made a post about a month ago now saying my connection was fixed and i would like the interleaving to be removed, and it still has not been done, any reason why? Would like it done asap.
Thanks for all the help.
28 REPLIES 28
LukeS
Grafter

Re: interleaving,

Hi MickHowes1,
I apologise if we missed your previous request. For something like this, you are better raising a support ticket. However, I have placed an order to remove interleaving and this will complete on Monday. I recommend rebooting your router on Tuesday and monitoring the connection for a few days.
MickHowes1
Grafter

Cheers Luke :), Also another question.
Im getting fibre in my area in around6 months time, just want to check if when it gets installed would ui be able to put me onto plusnet fibre? or would i hav e to wait a while for it to become available?
LukeS
Grafter

According to our records there's no fibre planned  Huh
However, we aren't able to place an order until it shows on here - https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/. If you think the records could be wrong, give us a shout and we can ask BT to check.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Quote from: LukeS
According to our records there's no fibre planned  Huh
However, we aren't able to place an order until it shows on here - https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/. If you think the records could be wrong, give us a shout and we can ask BT to check.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I would just like to pick up on the above statement, I checked the link you provided and according to it we have no Superfast FTTC planned for us.
Yet the cabinets are installed, the insides are full, and talking to the contract guy working on the FTTC box this morning he was putting in the final ‘links’, he also said the ‘tubes’ were in and were just waiting for the fibre to ‘blown through’ and it would be up and working.
So why this ‘discrepancy’, the install is not part of the Openreach/BT rollout, but is a collaboration between our local council and the government for FTTC to rural communities, so would not appear on BT’s website yet, one would assume it will when completed.
Regards, P.
LukeS
Grafter

Hi Pendragon,
I'm not exactly sure why this happens, BT have their reasons and if you think about it hard enough you could probably come up with your own ideas. (There may never be a planned date, it may just become available one day)
The link above is great because it pulls directly to a back-end database that is used by wholesale. Essentially, whatever that page says is what we can do at this end. Occasionally, the records could be wrong and the only way for us to know they are wrong is if a customer reports the discrepancy to us. We can then ask BT to check and update if necessary.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Thanks Luke,
Yep, understandable, I’ll keep an eye out for the final connections and should get an email from the ‘Superfast Dorset’ team to say so, then I’ll check the site and see if it’s updated, if not I’ll yell on here so your aware.
Oh yeh, and get my order in ASAP  Wink
Regards, P.
MickHowes1
Grafter

hey luke here is a link to the site that is linked to BT superfast checker, http://www.digitalscotland.org/media/1123/ros_deployment_091013_2.pdf
The area i live in comes under the jamuary-june 2015 Code, was just checking if u guys had heard anything, also on bt website it is now exploring solutions:),
Ehm btw i asked for the interleaving to be removed and it has not been done yet, i was told to reset my router today which i have done and it is not different? any reason why ?
LukeS
Grafter

Thanks for the link Smiley It makes interesting viewing, it's possible digital Scotland may have some inside information.
I've been in touch with BT and although the order completed it didn't remove interleaving. They have now done it manually and should be working by the end of the day.
MickHowes1
Grafter

Hey Luke, as of now, still no change. have reset router still no change. May need to request again or something?
MickHowes1
Grafter

Still on an interleaved line after a week of requests. how can this be possible? take the interleaving off please...........................................
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm sorry to see that interleaving is still on your line.
I've asked BTw to remove it, and it should be done on Monday. As we seem to have been through this process before, I've added a ticket to your account so I can check this next week for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
LukeS
Grafter

Hi MickHowes1,
I apologise, I did actually look at this for you on Thursday but didn't get chance to reply. If it's not done by Monday we might have to try something more drastic. I think the problems we're having are partly due to the fact that platform used to make modifications to 20CN circuits is now obsolete and we are using the 21CN platform.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: LukeS
I think the problems we're having are partly due to the fact that platform used to make modifications to 20CN circuits is now obsolete and we are using the 21CN platform.

Shocked
@'LukeS' - Can you explain what has changed regarding the 20CN platform ?
Being a regular reader on this forum,  I have seen that there have recently been a number of cases where customers are trying to get line settings on their 20CN connections altered (for a variety of reasons), and the change orders are failing to go through correctly.  Your statement is the first time that there has been any suggestion that the system has changed, and could easily be the reason why these 20CN line change orders are now failing.
I would also be interested to know what procedure should now be followed to change 20CN line settings ?,  because it is apparent that raising a support ticket to do such things is prone to repeatedly fail.
Does this platform change also affect the status reporting of 20CN lines ?.
LukeS
Grafter

Hi purleigh,
In the past we used 'ECO' for everything 20CN related, from placing orders to fixing faults. However, 'ECO' was decommissioned about six months ago. We now use the 21CN platform 'ECO Plus' for everything. It has been modified so that we can use it for 20CN circuits and IMO that's why we're having a bit of trouble. It's possible there's a slight difference in the way the that the orders are translated to code for the 20CN equipment but we don't have enough insight into the inner workings to know for sure.
20CN is being switched off at most exchanges, and if you're connected to a 20CN only exchange at the moment I'm sure they'll be an upgrade soon (I say soon, probably between 0-24 months)
I still recommend following the same procedures. If you need any assistance however, feel free to post on the community. We continue to use the same tools for reporting on 20CN circuits so there shouldn't be a problem there.