Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i go live friday !!! hope all ok!!

kdoug007
Grafter

i go live friday !!! hope all ok!!

i  think i  am  getting  nervous!!!
my  new  PN  router  pack arrived,,,
  and  will then be  with PN  AND  NOT BT.......
  I  JUST  HOPE  HAVING  READ  ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS....
it  will all work  ok ..    removing  the  plug/ehthernet  leads/phone  socket
  and  re  -inserting in the  new  PN  ROUTER.
  !
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: i go live friday !!! hope all ok!!

Hi there,
Welcome to Plusnet first of all!
All being well you should find that when our service is active you should be able to plug your router in and within a few minutes you should be connected automatically so there should be no fuss and little to worry about.
In the worse case scenario that there is a problem don't forget that our free phone support line is available 24/7 on 0800 432 0200 and there's online help at http://help.plus.net, there's also http://contactus.plus.net and http://faults.plus.net after using those as a first port of call there is always the community forum here too with both staff and knowledgeable customers online and able to help.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

In the past, it was necessary to configure a new router.
I hope Plusnet haven't gone and locked down all their routers?
BTW It's a good idea to at least plug your new router into the mains, with a PC to router connection (but don't plug the telephone cable in).
You should be able to enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser, then user and password (when requested).
If you can see your router configuration, it works.
If the above fails, your router fails - or some of that signin info is wrong.
The above process will reveal useful information about your connection when it is up and running.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

kdoug007
Grafter

thnks  for the reply.. i have the manuel . that came  with the  router  and  will follow  it  letter  by letter,
  just  1  question .. on my BT    router  there  is a  re-start    button ,,i  have on the  odd  occasion used it..
as a  example a  signal  from the  homeplug    ,to  downstaires  freezes...
  would i assume the re-start  button ( if i had to use it) is  the  black one  on the  actual  PN  ROUTER?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

In the past, it was necessary to configure a new router.
I hope Plusnet haven't gone and locked down all their routers?

Nope, we utilise a system called TR069 which should allow the router to connect and configure itself for a connection to the internet automatically
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: kdoug007
  just  1  question .. on my BT    router  there  is a  re-start    button ,,i  have on the  odd  occasion used it..
as a  example a  signal  from the  homeplug    ,to  downstaires   freezes...
  would i assume the re-start   button ( if i had to use it) is  the  black one  on the  actual  PN  ROUTER?

1. The black button is the on/off switch  Smiley press once - it's off - press again and it's back on again.  Grin
2. If your home plug freezes, try unplugging it from the mains for a "short period" - 30 seconds, 5 minutes, whatever - see manual, before plugging it back in.
With any luck you can leave your router on 24/7.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."