Did you mean: 

happy with speed not with bandwidth

xkerryx
Dabbler

happy with speed not with bandwidth

Smiley
hi there
very happy with my broadband speeds full 21 mb Cheesy
only prob  Sad  i,ve got 2 boys with 2 xboxes and 2 pcs so they use a lot of bandwidth with skyplayer on the xboxes and stuff.
this is my first month with plusnet and nearly hit the 60 gig limit with 3 days left, but the boys have been in school.
now its school holidays so they will hit the 60 gig in a week or 2  :o.
i know  you can pay 5 per 5GB after the limit but seems a bit steep :-\.
is there no higher packages then the extra?
Unlimited bandwidth for say £30-40 a month Wink
thanks kerry
6 REPLIES 6
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: happy with speed not with bandwidth

PlusNet no longer offer an unlimited usage package. The one you are on has the highest inclusive allowance so the only option is to pay for the additional usage.
artificer
Grafter

perhaps you could usefully engage your sons' input into this knotty problem.  maybe they'll come up with a solution that limits their usage so that you don't exceed your allowance.  they might even offer to help pay for any extras from their allowance?  if you ask for their help, you might just get it.
scootie
Grafter

if you ask for their help, you might just get it.

do you have kids your self artificer?
most kids only do something if they think there getting something back in return, so what do they get back in return in this deal to insure they stick to the 60gb limit?
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Asbo
most kids only do something if they think there getting something back in return, so what do they get back in return in this deal to insure they stick to the 60gb limit?

Internet access  Roll_eyes
adie:green amended quote as it was full preceding]
scootie
Grafter

first off i would find out if they are using torrents ect to get there music an movies, if so i would insure at the times of day (usage allowance time) when the rate limits are relaxed  enough to make torrent downloading any good and turn it around so they cant use torrents, am sure that would give you weeks worth of usage back during the holidays.
one i use to limit my 5 year olds tv viewing in his room is that i attached a pay meter to his tv, he gets 4 hours for every pound and i give him 4 pound a week. its his choice if he spends it on sweets or tv time. maybe attach one of these boxes to there monitors and get them outside and burning some engery off instead of burning your wallet on extra usage
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You can schedule downloads between midnight and 8am, these will not count towards your usage allowance.