cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got my new broadband package and its terrible.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: got my new broadband package and its terrible.

Perhaps @adamwalker needs to send out a replacement router?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
arttechuk
Grafter

well i just removed avast completely from the mobile and then rebooted it and connected to the internet and still no good pages not loading time outs and sever not found. i need something to happen soon because i need broadband simple as that.

arttechuk
Grafter

I will have to phone plusnet tomorrow morning and ask if i can cancel my broadband and phone then just get a 8mb connection free with a line rental somewhere.

I don't think this problem will ever get fixed here. i was supposed to be up and running on the 26th of last month and if anything its got worse to where i can't even use my service now.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Good luck although I would guess that Plusnet would want to try and fix the issue rather than release you from the contract, at least at first.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
arttechuk
Grafter

Thanks SpendLessTime Smiley i appreciate it.

Plusnet have had plenty of chances to get me up and running but they don't seen to have a clue when something is outside of their script, they just start going around in circles.

ive been waiting since the 26th of last month and i really don't care where i get my broadband from as long as it works and is not from BT or TalkTalk.

arttechuk
Grafter

I phoned plusnet about 1 hr ago to cancel my account and the auto operater said there will be a 15min hold bla bla bla.
so i did some work and thought i would just check and see if i have bb and if i do at what speed and does it come and go every few seconds.

this is my speed test result and so far its held up with no disconnections. so if it stays like this then i will be happy, i will be even happier if the 40mbps down gets nearer to 70mbps though.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5627130272

arttechuk
Grafter

For anyone else that might have similar problems, Last night that might have helped or not is that i did a reset on the router by putting a pin in the little reset and then waited for the router to come back online then tried it but it was the same and still getting cut off every 5 seconds. so i went to sleep, but now this morning its working and at speeds never seen before so not sure if the reset had done the trick or if plusnet did something.

Anyway its still up and running so that's good and nice to be back on my own connection.

arttechuk
Grafter

I'm still getting disconnects, no internet, the blue light on the hub stays blue, but there is no internet pages will not load mobile laptop pc nothing can use the internet. I thought my problems were behind me but apparently not.