cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

goodbye plusnet fibre ! due to lack of unlimited downloads !!!!!

Gerry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: goodbye plusnet fibre ! due to lack of unlimited downloads !!!!!

No need now, they've gone back to Uni, bless 'em. Time for the router to cool down again.  Smiley
But I sympathize with the OP. Once all these other re-sellers of fibre get going I think the lack of un-limited downloads (maybe with an FUP) is going to limit the amount of new users moving to PN. Just IMHO of course.
Time will tell.
As an aside, I used to be with Vodafone at home they stated in their T&C's that it was unlimited, yet when they emailed me to tell me I was moving to PN it would go up from 40Gb to 60Gb. You just can't get the staff these days.   Sad
I'll stay where I am at the minute, methinks.
Gerry.
WWWombat
Grafter

LOL - thinking about how the teenagers go through bandwidth...
I'd have probably posted on here about how we don't seem to go through that much bandwidth, and it isn't an issue to us. Our daughter's only 11, and still on the bottom steps of the bandwidth ladder, so maybe another year or two...
But the posts on teenagers remind me about when we pop over to visit my parents, and then blow through their (puny) bandwidth allowance in a couple of days too.
Youngsters, eh?
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Ha - you have no idea how much iPlayer my 3-year-old gets through!
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Well im a teenager (fifteen year old) - and I dont get through MUCH bandwidth.
Only when you hit half term, holidays and when im off school (for whatever reason), then things tend to get ugly.
Ive never seen how much MW3 and Forza take up, cant be loads and loads can it?
I remember a year ago (wasnt at home for the holidays), i got through 5gb in under 24 hours  Crazy
Mind you, that was random youtube moments, revision material, and trying to fix up client's computers through teamviewer. No stupid uses (much).
But seeing as Im the one who admins everything technical at home and pays for the internet, no one knows how much i use. ever  Tongue
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Online gaming isn't too bandwidth heavy, think it's about 100MB an hour or so depending on the game unless there's any patches or map downloads.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

One of my problems is my son watching youtube 'guides' relating to whatever game he's currently playing on the PC while playing the game on the XBox, it's definitely the streaming that hits the bandwidth (that and him downloading yet another free onling multiplayer game), gaming isn't bad at all on bandwidth but 'associated activites' can be.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
The_10th
Grafter

Our oldest uploads youtube videos now and again which can bump usage up a few GB/day but it's children that do eat the bandwidth in my experience.