cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good speed problem?

owlguard
Grafter

good speed problem?

Hi,i had problems with my phone yesterday and all my family in the same exchange had problems also.Later they told me they hadnt a dialling tone then later it was all fixed by bt engineers working possibly roadside but not sure wether they did some thing at the exchange, also I had really bad noise on my phone.I was reading a piece from old jim and have put the router stats lite.exe into my pc and lo and behold,my sinc has shot up to 3296 and my snr is very steady at between 5 and 6 at the moment but yesterday i synced at just under 3000 and it ws around 7,8+,i cant believe its going to last,is it possible they have improved the lines and it will stay at this speed.I have had the router stats lite on all night and my router is rock solid.I must say thankyou for the help from old jim,even though the help was not meant for me,this new prog is just great,seeing whats going on with the router etc.                                                                       regards ray.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: good speed problem?

Much as I would like to claim the credit
It weren't me milud
owlguard
Grafter

Hi oldjim,its just dropped to 1985 or so,so we maybe back on the normal speeds before long,hoped it would but didnt think the miracle would last too long.Thanks though for the info on the router stats lite programme,at least ive got more info on things now ref my router modem figures.
                                                                                                                      regards ray.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

strange things do happen, my router apparently resynched at midday  I was on line and noticed nothing, I had been having peculiar speed test up to then, now they seem to be OK
Did you come here as well Jim or was it James? Cool Cool