Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gone live

mckerlie676
Dabbler

gone live

Hi
My line has sync for my new plusnet service this morning but it is not accepting the username or password. This may be because my original date was today but it changed to 29th on the order status last week. It appears the connection went live today on the 28th as planned. Could you check my login details are active and my account is ready to go?. I have an ADSL link but no phone as yet.
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: gone live

Plusnet don't usually activate an account until they receive notification from BT that all their tasks are complete.
However.......
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI mckerlie676,
I may be able to manually activate your broadband, but how do you mean your phone isn't working?
Jojo Smiley
mckerlie676
Dabbler

Thanks jojo the phone is dead, no dial tone but I have adsl sync .
mckerlie676
Dabbler

Sorry to double post, the phone is now active and working fine, the sync light is on the router but still rejecting the username and password
Phones help team and some young man, who was quite rude and abrupt stated that its in a queue for activation and just to wait. When I asked if it could be done manually he simply said its not possible
Hope I don't have to wait too long Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mckerlie676,
I've just manually activated your account so you should be able to connect now.
Jojo Smiley
mckerlie676
Dabbler

Brilliant service there thank you. I am all up and running now Cheesy
I'm just curious - my exchange is 21CN enabled. But I have been put on ADSL1? I would have thought new customers would automatically be put on ADSL2+ if it was available and the line could support it.
Just wondering how you decide which to put people on when they are new? Smiley
I have a ticket to ask for a ADSL2+ transfer in as I know the line will support it ( Worked fine on TalkTalk but moved due to the bad service )
Once again thanks JoJo!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mckerlie676,
You're welcome. Your order to be upgraded to ADSL2+ is going through now. Not quite sure why it didn't provision on it originally.
Jojo Smiley