cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

geographical surrport number?

scootie
Grafter

geographical surrport number?

sry if this has all ready bein brought up but on the 17th i found the geo number by going to contact us after finding it had bein removed from botom of plusnet home page.
Now i cant even find it on the contact us link now.
Is this number bein put in the bin now?
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: geographical surrport number?

Near the bottom of http://www.plus.net/support/?helpheader=support
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
scootie
Grafter

there not making things easy for us now.  tut tut PN
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

ASBO reasons were in the latest news letter
We've noticed that recently we've been taking a lot of support calls on the 0114 number. Unfortunately this number is not routed via our Network IVR (Interactive Voice Recognition, the automated menus you go through when calling our support centre) and as such using this number can lead to longer wait times and inefficiencies as the call is not necessarily routed to the agent best qualified to answer your query.
What we'd rather do is send these calls directly to the network IVR in order to alleviate the above issues. However unfortunately it is not possible to route a geographic number to this IVR.
Therefore to encourage use of the 0845 number for general enquiries we are removing the 0114 number from the main page footer and also the 'how to contact us' section of the website. If you do need the 0114 number for a specific reason it will remain available on the index page of our help and support section.
We would like you all to know that we are continuing to look at possible alternatives that will allow us to offer both support on a convenient phone number and an improved call experience through the network IVR. We'll keep you posted.
If you'd like to read more about this and our future plans please read James's blog.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

For a reason: http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/11/25/the-plusnet-csc-telephone-system/
However, this does present one immediate disadvantage. The Call Manager platform will only allow non-geographic telephone numbers which would mean that we would be unable to keep our 01142 telephone numbers. We are however, looking at implementing non geographic 03xx telephone numbers, which cost the same as calling a geographic one.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
scootie
Grafter

i dont get the news letters as the pn email is not mine. i use chav's mail aka hotmail.
have they started puting the news letters back on the site yet and if yes can you pass the link on plz.
i will start reading them from now on.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

There is a copy of it in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73866.0.html
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scootie
Grafter

cheers ;).
hope you enjoyed your break away and are starting to settle into your mods chair o.k.
p.s the gaming forum was very dead in you abesnce