cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gary396: unlimited query

gary396
Grafter

gary396: unlimited query

Currently on a Plusnet phone & broadband package. Can't see the following mentioned in the various threads / FAQs about changing to a Fibre contract - what equipment is installed inside and/or outside the house? I've seen reference to something about a BT engineer doing installations (box outside I think). Is this correct and are any changes made to the phone socket(s) in the house?
I know a fibre-capable router is need - not sure if mine is, but it was the other installed equipment I was wondering about if anyone can advise please? Thanks, Gary.
2 REPLIES 2
Ronski
Rising Star

Re: Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

@gary396, basically they will install an intermediate filter (you will no longer require any other filters) into your NTE5 master socket, if you have an old style master socket they will replace it, you can also request a data extension kit, this will allow the modem to be sited up to 30 meters from the master socket. Sometimes they will also move the master socket for you. Note the modem is a separate box to the router, PN will supply a compatible router or you can use your own if it's capable of a PPPoE connection. There are plenty of guides/write ups on the Internet, just Google FTTC install.
Edit: There is a Photobucket guide in my signature, it should give you a good idea.
gary396
Grafter

Re: gary396: unlimited query

Many thanks, clearer now.