cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftp issues

JonnyBoy

ftp issues

I've had my website moved to a different server, but whilst I can ftp in, I can't see any directories, it just times out. My host say that PASV  mode should be disabled in my ftp package, but this makes no difference ( I have tried with ws_ftp and core ftp). I therefore took my PC and my router to a neighbours, who is with a different ISP, and lo and behold it all works fine. My conclusion, therfore is that there is some plusnet setting that is causing this problem. Any ideas anybody, as this is driving me mad. By the way, no, I can't go back to the old server, as my site is too 'hungry' to have stayed where it was
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ftp issues

Hi there,
Sorry for the hassle, we do have a problem open on this and it is awaiting rollout of a fix (as per the post at http://status.plus.net). In the meantime you should be able to connect and get the directory listing if you use ftp://ftp2.plus.net
Hope that helps, sorry for the hassle.
JonnyBoy

Hi, apologies for the misunderstanding by not being more specific. I didn't mean my personal webspace on the plusnet server, it's my business site www.sportzwear.com hosted elsewhere. As I said, I can use my ftp package to log in, but cannot list anything. Hope this makes more sense, or are you saying the problem you guys are having, affects ftp'ing elsewhere when using plusnet as the ISP. Thanks, John
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about that  Embarrassed
I've had a look at the ticket and can see that you spoke to one of our agents earlier on. Did you drop the connection after they reconfigured your firewall? If not it will still be at the previous setting which may be denying connections to FTP. If you haven't, please try that. If you have, and it's still not working, please try setting the plusnet firewall to 'off', disconnecting then reconnecting and let us know if that doesn't help?