cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free usage

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: free usage

there is a peculiar hump around midnight, it is best to schedule downloads to start about 00:05, and switch of just before 08:00
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I know this has been raised before but ...... you can schedule Windows updates to install in the middle of the night but I'm not aware hat you can schedule the downloading???
pierre_pierre
Grafter

nor am I, I normally do mine manually so that I can check what they are doing first.  Also the MS Tuesday updates  are American origin and you cant guarantee when they are released in the UK.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

The setting is to automatically download and install not just to download.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

Hi Peter,
The way that CBC usage works is that we discount the "interim" update at the cut off between peak and off peak to ensure that no usage is charged for in the off peak period.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Yes I did know that James, just that so many people ask the same question, it stops then saying, my VMBU is not working right
techguy
Grafter

Cheers
Yes the setting does indeed regulate download and install.
In my experience the downloads dont actually appear to become available in the UK until Wednesday (never checked Redmond time)
I do tend to like to do them manually but do like the idea of not having to pay for their transfer and I am definitely not staying up into the small hours to do it as shift working stuffs up your body clock more than enough!