cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre speed question

leader
Grafter

Re: fibre speed question

^Yes ^  remove your number , do not want to give  slammers any idea....
thesawdust
Grafter

Funny enough http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/btwchecker.htm reports the exact same for my number as yours (Speed Wise). Yet my IP Profile is 51.6mb
It's all down to the line from cabinet to house, also the length. I was estimated 63Mb-80Mb, next door has BT infinity with the same speeds as me? So moving ISP won't solve anything
matt1295
Dabbler

well my next door but one has BT infinity and has almost 80mb same post same cabinet i have now ordered with BT and i will get them to sort any fault if that is the problem as i have them to argue my case if they try to get out of it saying no fault
im actually closer to the cabinet than the neighbour yet there better speeds than me since i signed up ive heard nothing but horror stories

Thanx for noticing i had my number on i didn't  see that Smiley
thesawdust
Grafter

there line may take a shorter route? I must log a fault then as BT estimate me to have better speeds.......
Anyhow, Enjoy the same speeds with BT because you can't run from DLM  Grin
leader
Grafter

^ points to internal wiring / sky filter ect ect  if next door is in the same cabinet  which corresponds to bt impacted range guide...
matt1295
Dabbler

Quote from: thesawdust
there line may take a shorter route? I must log a fault then as BT estimate me to have better speeds.......
Anyhow, Enjoy the same speeds with BT because you can't run from DLM  Grin

My line is shorter to the post and closer to the box than theres
leader
Grafter

Are you sure 100% next door are on the same  cabinet (  cab numbers are shown on the that adsl checker)
Still hazard a guess that if the Openreach modem is connected in a line test configuration with everything else disconnected  the speed  would be in  range A.....
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/troubleshooting.htm

If it is an internal wiring issue after the the master socket then the \£150 bill  lands  on the customers mat  Sad
So it always worth checking  in test set up whichever Isp your with ...... ;).
Best of luck with BT retail....
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/bd-p/BTInfinity
matt1295
Dabbler

The box in my living room was new 11 days ago the wiring from there to bt router was new in box
They also connect to same cabinet
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Have you raised a Fault Ticket with us at all so we can have a look at the problem?