Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre ordered but no router delivered

leader
Grafter

Re: fibre ordered but no router delivered

Quote from: paulg123
Thanks matt where do I find my profile in the router? I cant find the settings to see what connection I'm connected at etc...

Unfortunately you need an unlocked  openreach modem to have access to line info.
The unlocked HG612 is more user friendly than the unlocked  eci r model.
Both versions can be now used with  Bald_Eagle1 excellent graph scripting program though
Don't be tempted to have a crack at unlocking the openreach installed unit . [ always use a spare (think auction sites)]  Wink
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

How do you achieve that ping? Mine is always stuck around 20s
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
paulg123
Grafter

Thanks matt really happy with speed results , I don't know Jamie to be honest with you I just done the test and that's what I achieving
paulg123
Grafter

Jamiedanjoux I just noticed you put that your test was done by WiFi mine was by Ethernet buddy , try and I'm sure you will get a similar going as wireless will never get that low
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Cheers for the advice!  Wink
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
leader
Grafter

FTTC DLM could of increased the interleave depth ?
That the downside of FTTC - ISP's don't have any control unlike 21cn Sad
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113670.msg977923.html#msg977923
paulg123
Grafter

So I haven't really had a chance to test connection out much in actual detail until today , (done Xbox live and ps3 updates and downloaded demo) I'm just on steam downloading hitman absolution and the download speed is fluctuating wildly , from a peak of 6.7MB  to as low as 587kb second and sometimes just not registering a speed at all so the blue download graph that appears is showing a mountain range of speeds that drop right to flat blank areas, is this a steam issue or is my connection having issues? Just to note on my old address when using adsl2 at 15mb it would download pretty solid at 1.7-1.8MB with small fluctuations of speed
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@paulg123
sorry no one's dropped you a reply from our side yet. How are you getting on with this, is it still an issue for you?
If you are let us know if you notice these issues at any particular time of day and if it's just affecting Steam and if there's perhaps any particular downloads (appreciate you might not do these every day) that might have been an issue.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team