cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre ordered but no router delivered

paulg123
Grafter

fibre ordered but no router delivered

Hello all so I've got my order up and running with an install date of the 1st of may (ordered on 22nd April) and the agent on the phone said it would be better to send the router to old address as it would reach me well before I move address yesterday but still no sign of it so now I'm getting worried that I'm not going to have it for when the  BT engineer comes on Wednesday to install the fibre etc and won't be able to finish the install on the day.
22 REPLIES 22
paulg123
Grafter

Re: fibre ordered but no router delivered

If plus net staff see this and can check if its been sent or not can you please now send to the new address where the fibre install is taking place
njay
Grafter

They normally dispatch it three working days prior. I.e. a Thursday install gets sent out by close of play Monday.
paulg123
Grafter

So the router will be at the old address next week?
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Phone customer services & ask them. These forums aren't manned at w/es by PN staff.
leader
Grafter

You can set you a  PPPoE dialler from your computer if on the outside chance the router has not arrived by install date.
Handy Guide
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
Could also use an Adsl existing router as a bridge?
(Another option is to get an unlocked Openreach hg612 modem (ebay) to have the modem do the PPPoE authentication itself and    additional options like Bridge/Routed DCHP ect)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
I've checked and your router has been dispatched toady, it will arrive at your new address.
paulg123
Grafter

Thanks for sending router out quick , I received it yesterday but I noticed today on my account it seems you have charged me £40 for it? No sign of BT engineer yet for install
paulg123
Grafter

OK BT engineer hasn't been yet and I have to go out at 2:40 to pick my children up so don't know what's happening at the moment
Just turned up phew!
paulg123
Grafter

Engineer has been and gone and I done some tests with him on speed test.net etc and the upload is amazing at 18mb but the download is stuck at 15ish roughly, engineer said that's not right as on his test with his device on the line he was getting 55mb so he said I should be getting about 52mb? Can someone have a look at this for me
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just got all that sorted, the account type still needs changing as the new line details haven't updated on our supplier's systems yet but I'll take care of that tomorrow. In the mean time the profile should be correct so you should be seeing around 67Mb or so?
paulg123
Grafter

Thanks matt where do I find my profile in the router? I cant find the settings to see what connection I'm connected at etc? Is my line really capable of 67mb?
Getting around 20-22ish on upload  Cheesy and 33ish on download  Undecided
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, the profile is done at the exchange, I don't think you'll see this in the router as it's the modem that maintains sync with the exchange. I mention 67Mb as that's the speed your line profile was showing yesterday when I checked it. Either way, really glad it's working for you Smiley that speed should certainly pick up.
paulg123
Grafter

Grin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That is looking somewhat better Smiley Fantastic!