cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre order kills adsl line?

SiMania
Grafter

fibre order kills adsl line?

On Friday my Dad signed up for fibre broadband, he's been an adsl customer for a year or so. 24 hours later and his adsl is down. No sync with the exchange, broadband and internet lights are off.
I've not done any further investigation into it but it seems a bit of a coincidence due to timings as his connection has always been pretty stable. Could someone from BT have done something to the line as part of the switchover process? Apparently a call is logged for a bt engineer to arrange a site visit which hasn't come to anything yet.
Has anyone had anything similar happen?
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: fibre order kills adsl line?

Sorry to hear about your Dad's problem but if you want the staff on here to help you will need to identify the account - a ticket number would be best
Also are the phone and broadband with Plusnet
SiMania
Grafter

The account is norrie1, my query was more of a "has anyone else heard of this?" query rather that a request to support staff but happy if they can help.
Phone and broadband are with Plusnet and phone is still working.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi SiMania,
I wouldn't expect any impact on an ADSL connection until the date of the fibre upgrade.
Thanks for the username, we're already aware of the issue and I replied to your dad's post here earlier: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,136456.msg1197176.html#msg1197176
Hoping to see the fault resolved soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SiMania
Grafter

Thanks Adam, Im sure it'll be sorted soon enough Smiley