cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre install today question

wwffan2
Dabbler

fibre install today question

I was due to have fibre optic broadband installed today but as of yet the enginer has not turned up
please can you confirm if the appointment is still going ahead.
my account name is wwffan2
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: fibre install today question

with the Am slot the engineer is due up until 1pm, it's not uncommon for them to turn up with just 5 mins or so left to go on the time, hopefully your not one of the ones that have an engineer not turn up at all. 
wwffan2
Dabbler

cheers I hope so I have taken a day off work for this appointment,
if they fail to turn up I will expect Plusnet to reimburse me for my time as I have lost out on 8 hours pay today.
just out of interest how soon after fibre is installed should it be up running ?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

it seems it varies as to when your up and running, with my fibre install it was when the engineer was there a he did tests on the line etc to make sure everything worked as it should, unfortuanly not all engineers can be bothered to do tests some just install the modem and go and such you might not have a service until the engineer signs off on the work and send that back to BTW to enable it, fingers crossed you get one that can be bothered to test etc.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi wwffan2,
I've checked for you and can confirm that the installation is still scheduled for today AM. If the engineer hasn't turned up by 1pm we can then chase this with our suppliers. Let us know how it goes.
wwffan2
Dabbler

the gentleman has just been thanks for the great service Smiley he was very helpfull and ensured I was all set up and running.