cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre arrived But

dazz22

fibre arrived But

Bascially got near 40 meg down 9 up good stuff but now as im going to bed and rebboted it im getting this
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3604870707 ; 2.57meg down 8.78 up which is fine

what has happened im going to bed now but donwload is worse than my org adsl of 3.6 meg Huh
5 REPLIES 5
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: fibre arrived But

I assume that this is a new FTTC installation? This is usually caused by a late Delta Report from when you were still on ADSL which will have crippled your Current Line Speed.
You can confirm what that is here.
It can be corrected, but in general the Digital Care guys aren't normally around the Forum at the weekend, so you may need to call in to get that updated.
You can confirm your IP Profile by running the BTwholesale speed tester. Confirm the red check-list, and once the initial test has completed, click on Further Diagnostics. Enter and confirm your phone number, and you'll then get a graphical representation of your line speed and the IP Profile which you can copy and paste in to your reply to this.
The Plusnet Current Line Speed and the BT IP Profile should match to within a very small margin - my IP Profile is 53.18Mb and my Plusnet Current Line Speed is 53Mb - if yours is significantly different, then it will explain the slow-down.
Incidentally, you shouldn't reboot the modem, it's designed to run 24/7 and (again if is new) installations are assessed by the DLM constantly, but more so in the first 48 hours.

dazz22

Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
2.69 Mbps

0 Mbps 46.5 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.69 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 37.2 Mbps-46.5 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 46.5 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
8.63 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8.63Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

That shows your IP Profile as " IP Profile for your line is - 46.5 Mbps".
Did you manage to get your Current Line Speed? It should be around 46Mbps, and it almost certainly isn't.
dazz22

thanks got on the phone got it sorted as you say getting about 40meg down 8 up good enough for me cheers
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Cool