cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extremely slow broadband speeds, not allowing devices to connect

charlie1234
Hooked

extremely slow broadband speeds, not allowing devices to connect

I've been with plusnet for a few months now after switching from sky, and am starting to see some serious issues. Half of the time, i get the predicted max speeds of 5/6Mbps but thats only during the day, and at night on some days the internet will drop out, not allow our devices to connect and when we do connect give us a terrible speed of 0.09Mbps, sometimes not being able to test at all. the ping on said test was 18ms, if that helps. i wouldn't care if the speeds were bad in the day, but if i get home and cant just use the internet it kind of makes having broadband pointless. Please don't suggest fibre because we really can't afford the upgrade.

If this info is also helpful, we did have similar issues with sky but they stopped about a year ago before we switched.

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: extremely slow broadband speeds, not allowing devices to connect

You may find easiest DIY solution is to reboot router during the day to get a better (faster)connection.
[Don't do this at peak times, as you'll likely end up with slower connection). As long as it's only once a day OpenReach's DLM system shouldn't flag up line as temperamental, and slow even more!
charlie1234
Hooked

i usually do this when i notice its being slow. thanks for the warning about doing it more than once a day

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @charile1234

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team