Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

engineer appointment

chrcoluk
Grafter

Re: engineer appointment

so is no escalation/overide process?
Your supplier theoretically can hold it forever with a address mismatch?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not in this case I'm afraid, or I'd have taken it.
And yes, I believe so, though only due to being unaware of it - this is the only situation in which it's cropped up.
chrcoluk
Grafter

I find that hard to believe sorry, if my line was completely down I am sure a workaround would be found.
There has to be some sort of time limit where it can be escalated, I am not going to sit here and accept we hope it will be done in 72 hours if not we will try again and wait another 72 hours.
I will check back here thursday.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well, that's your prerogative, though I'm not in the habit of lying to customers. Hopefully it will be done before the 72 hours is up, I'll get an email through from the agent I talked to this morning once it has been. Fingers are crossed.
chrcoluk
Grafter

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It looks like a link to the BT Wholesale page explaining how to request an escalation. I assume the question between the lines there is why have you not heard anything about this happening? Well, that's because while the fault is stuck (as this one currently is) an escalation won't be accepted. I'll let you know when I get that update, sorry it's taking so long.
EDIT: To clarify, I'll be able to request an escalation once the reply I'm due is late, i.e. it's past the time I was told I'd have a reply by.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Has a high level escalation been carried out as a follow up to the previous 72 hours not been met?
Anyway since you want to wait for this new 72 hours I will check back with you tommorow afternoon.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's my last day here tomorrow so not really worth me raising it, as any replies wouldn't get through. I'll send the details of what's going on to Chris for you and he'll assign someone to look after it.
chrcoluk
Grafter

so you waited 3 days, you are not in (you would know this 3 days ago?) and its not worth you raising it.
Maybe I have a db mismatch on my direct debit and its not worth me fixing it how would plusnet respond? they would expect me to fix payment quickly.
Its quite simple from where I sit.
You are my isp, its not my problem you have some sort of problem doing the booking, I expect you to simply do it.  All this seems a bit laid back, doing a email to an agent, waiting for 3 days, then you not in so you cant be bothered to raise an escalation.  Meanwhile if I ever do get an engineer he/she will turn up weeks after the fault is reported making his/her job much harder.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi chrcoluk,
As Matt has now left, I've been handed this issue over. First of all, I'm really sorry for what can only be described as a ridiculous turn of events which has lead to you not having an engineer sent out. I'm completely in agreement with you that it's entirely unacceptable that an engineer has not been able to be sent out due to a data mismatch on our suppliers systems.
I believe that this issue has been cleared now and I should be able to book you an engineer. Could you advise when you'd be available for such a visit so I can get that arranged for you?
chrcoluk
Grafter

ok I left a PM.