cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email via outlook/different mailboxes/***.co.uk email

aerie

email via outlook/different mailboxes/***.co.uk email

Hi, I'm having three problems, the first I've tried unsuccessfully to sort out with customer support, the second one I've just noticed, the third I've simply not had time to deal with properly before.
1) I'm using Outlook express 5.0.3 for OS9 as my main email programme, and for some reason cannot get it to send mail - to do that I have to go to webmail for all accounts, which is extremely inconvenient. I've set it up as advised on the site, and as I said to Support (without reply) I am NOT using SMTP authentication. It downloads mail just fine. What's going on, and how do I fix this?
2) I'm still getting mail to something called 'postmaster' still when I've already set up what I thought was a default email account under a different name on Plusnet. The webmail doesn't give me access to 'postmaster' in any way I can decipher. What's going on?
3) Also, how do I set up the ****.co.uk address I signed up and am paying for? Can't find a reference to do this in the email accounts section or in support. How can I either set this up or stop paying for it?
Until these issues are sorted out I can't really use any of my plusnet email addresses, which sucks because it means I can't entirely switch from my old ISP.
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: email via outlook/different mailboxes/***.co.uk email

1) any error messages being produced. If so please post in full.
2) Is your postmast account an alias or a proper named mailbox. If an alias, what mailbox does it go into? If a mailbox you access the mailbox in webmail by loggin in as username+postmaster and the password you set on that mailbox.
3) PlusNet do not support separate mailboxes for domains. All email sent to your domain (***.co.uk) will go into a plusnet account mailbox of the same name as the receipient in the email and you access it using your username+mailbox name. If that mailbox does not exists it will go into your plusnet default mailbox.
hulls
Grafter

Hi
If you mean, how do you set up the web site (as opposed to getting email from the domain), then simply upload the site to your web space, on whichever server you're using.
The domain points to that web space.  So I upload my web site to the ftp site ftp://homepages.free-online.net using my user name and password, and hey presto www.chelmsfordsongsters.org.uk is born! Grin
John
aerie

1) When I try to send email through it, Outlook express says:
Unrouteable address
Sender verify failed
Even though I've checked the set up several times and it is as told to do on the plusnet site. (By the way I also sent this info directly to Support a few weeks ago and didn't get more than an automated reply saying that you'd get back to me about it. Not good.)
2) There seem to be two default email accounts with plusnet: the 'postmaster' which I can't seem to get access to via the web (although it does download into Outlook) and the other one with my username attached. I have not set up any other accounts because it seems pointless until this Outlook non-upload issue is resolved.
3) When I signed up to Plusnet, I was offered a (name of my choosing?).co.uk email address for an extra £1 a month, which I signed up for. There was nothing in the prelim info about it being attached to my setting up a website/domain hosted by plusnet nor indeed any other information. Now there's no info on the website about how to set this up anyway. If plusnet doesn't actually support this service, I'd like this charge taken off my bill.
Mand
Grafter

As discussed hopefully you're now sorted with these issues.
Feel free to gimme a shout if you have any further questions. Smiley