cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email from address

flobadob

email from address

I have an email address I have used for years (me@bcs.org). It just forwards email to an address of my choosing. My real account is me@gmail.com. Problem with gmail is the email sending. You can tell it to use me@bcs.org as the from address but it only half works. If you examine the header of the received email you can see it's me@gmail.com not me@bcs.org. I have also tried substituting gmail for yahoo but get the same result. Can I use my email account on plusnet to send emails which look like they are from me@bcs.org? If not, got any ideas how to go about it properly? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: email from address

As long as me@bcs.org is a valid email address then yes you should be able to do this using either Webmail or a standalone email application. All you'd need to do is change the from address. Are you likely to be connected to the Plusnet network when you send email?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

flobadob

Usually I would be at home while sending from the bcs.org address so yes. If I'm at work would I be scuppered?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Not if you're using Webmail. If you have a subscription account with us then you could still use your mail client as well but you'd need to use your username and password for sending mail.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

flobadob

Thanks for your help - I'll switch from gmail to plusnet email and see how it goes.
flobadob

I have tested configuring thunderbird with me@bcs.org and the webmail with me@bcs.org. Both work perfectly thanks. Smiley
adie:quote