cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail address..

Tonto

e-mail address..

Is it possible to establish a second e-mail address here on PN that has nothing in common with the original set up address when 1st establishing broadband as a PN customer?
I misunderstood the verbal instructions and now wish to establish 2 more addresses that do not share the original username..
neither do I wish to lose that 1st e-mail address...  Or do I have to dump the 1st address... and start afresh ?
Guidance  appreciated,
tinto.
(Sorry, I mean TONTO !)
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: e-mail address..

I am not entirely sure what you want to achieve.
If your present email address is something like me@username.plus.com then you can create as many new addresses in the form new@username.plus.com as you want.
However if you aren't happy with your username and want something on the lines of me@newusername.plus.com than the only way to do it, is to set up a dial up account for newusername with Plusnet which can only be done by phoning them. One thing to remember me@username.plus.com is seen as the same as me@newusername.plus.com so you can't differentiate between the two EDIT - deleted as it only refers to hosted domains
You would need to phone sales to see if they will let you do it.
Be3G
Grafter

A couple of corrections there Jim (unless you know something I don't): first of all, it is still possible to sign up for dialup accounts online here. Secondly, any such account will act as a completely separate entity - you're thinking of how hosted domains behave (e.g. blah@mydomain.co.uk maps to the same as blah@username.plus.com).
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Agree with your corrections - I tried to find about dialup accounts using the search function and the only thing which showed up was the requirement to ring sales
http://www.plus.net/support/dial-up/setup/index.shtml
I will remove the second one as that was exactly what I was thinking about
puddy
Grafter

I changed mine using a payg (free) dial up account  then put my new e-mail settings in the main adsl account (paid for account) of my partners account.
Or
If plusnet still offer free .co.uk webpage  Register a webpage address you like thats not being used  you dont have to make a web page if you dont want to just use a e-mail address
i.e www.fredbloggs.co.uk ; email will be anything@fredbloggs.co.uk
puddy