cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic dns - NoIP login....

freemansteve

dynamic dns - NoIP login....

I use the "noip" Dynamic DNS service. Recently, my Hub One appears to no longer connect - I get an error message "Dynamic DNS service status: Connection error - Unknown no-ip.com error". Interestingly, the noip service I need to log into is at "noip.com" i.e. no hyphen in the name. It may be this that is the cause of the problem.

I am running Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263.. Is there an update, or a maybe a script I can use (via Putty? or use TFTP) to alter the config file in the hub to add the correct domain name for NoIP.? Or is there another way round the problem?

Please advise....
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: dynamic dns - NoIP login....

Doesn't help you much but I have a noip account configured and it's connecting OK:-

noip.JPG

There haven't been any changes to the DDNS config in recent firmwares. In fact I don't think it's ever changed.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

freemansteve

Thanks...

I knew my Hub One firmware has not changed for ages - I wondered if the domain name of NoIP may have changed.... I'll try again tomorrow!

Thinking of getting a Draytek modem anyway, as the Hub One is a bit restrictive, and not great at signal quality on the line...

freemansteve

My wife told she'd been having disconnections this afternoon.

D/L rate appeared to have dropped to 8 Mb/s at some point, so I rebooted and checked all physical connections....

Came up at 27mb/s which is normal for our line, and hey presto, NoIP works again!

Since I was merely viewing the occasional web page of interest, the connection seemed OK - but my wife plays games so is always first to spot any anomalies....

Not sure why the rate went haywire, but for now, case closed.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread Moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still