cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsl connection errors

dlane

dsl connection errors

ive only just joined plusnet and my dsl is dropping like crazyyyyy what can i do?
9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: dsl connection errors

Hi Diane,
Welcome to PlusNET and the forums. Sorry to hear of your problems.
Is your telephone line quiet?  Dial 17070 option 2. If the line is noisy / crackles then report a noisy line fault to your phone line provider.
After that it's down to information gathering, as outlined in the speed problems thread at the top of this forum.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi dlane,
I've just run some diagnostic checks which didn't show any obvious issues so it looks like we may have to report this with our suppliers for you.
Please keep an eye out for a formal reply from our faults team ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dlane

hi thanks thats great its only started last night i was fine for the prior week
dlane

dsl disconections

Your DSL connection is down. Verify that your Technicolor Gateway is correctly connected to your phone line. If the problem persists, check your documentation.
ive been online for less than 2 weeks an engineer came out to fix this today im plain sick of plusnet alreaddy you didnt fix jack wth is causing this
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

post merged into existing thread
dlane

THANKS
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Townman
Hi Diane,
Welcome to PlusNET and the forums. Sorry to hear of your problems.
Is your telephone line quiet?  Dial 17070 option 2. If the line is noisy / crackles then report a noisy line fault to your phone line provider.
After that it's down to information gathering, as outlined in the speed problems thread at the top of this forum.

If you are looking for assistance please post the requested information.  Have you got a dial tone?  Is the line noisy? ...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dlane

no the lie isnt quiete its perfectly fine as th engineer said who was sent out today said it must be a problem with  the isp the problems not going to go away overnight i know bt this is rediculous and if it keeps happening im just going to switch providers its that simple
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm sorry to hear that you're continuing to have problems with your connection.
We provide you a broadband service on the BT Openreach Network. We have certain remote controls to help try and help your line stabilise, but we would only use them if we felt that it would fix the issue. As it stands at present, your line has Interleaving enabled on it and your SNR Target is set to 6db. We could move your SNR to 9db or 12db to try and help with stability, however, I doubt that's going to resolve the issue.
Our Faults Team will be back in touch as soon as they can.