Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropped off internet again

DavMcCC
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

dropped off internet again

Painfully slow again with very long handshakes to the point were I am timed out... the thing is so slow that an email that I sent to my work partner failed to get to the other email address with the 4 photographs attached with a total size of 9.3mb . It failed 3 times in sending, last time taking over 5 minutes to send and it is still not there at 6am in the morning and the wifes chrome book, could not even contact to any thing, before you ask about wifi, THIS computer is wired to plusnet modem

According to plusnet I have a speed of 18mb and no faults on the line going by the text message the other day.

For years I had 18mb connection speed, but from April of this year, it has just fallen apart, 3 different engineers out and still don't know whats wrong.

As for the contract with plusnet for the phone line and internet, it is null and void

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: dropped off internet again

Hi @DavMcCC,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and upon testing the line I can see that the connection is stable and the speeds are running within the estimated range.

KBD
xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: CBUK86574523 Service ID: BBEU23937434
Telephone NO.: NA Test Executed On: 09-10-2018 14:37:34
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 12.3 24.0
SNR Margin: 33.5 9.1
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 1149835 11158938
Speed: 440 17866

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 19296 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 15437
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 81722 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 86400
Indicative Line Quality: G Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 3269
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

Radius

As this is the case we'd need to narrow down where the issue lies, so my first suggestion would be to plug the router into the test phone socket in the property to see if the same issue still occurs. A guide on how to do this can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Whatever else is going on, the high upstream SNR and speed of 440Kbps looks like a capped profile to me.

Wouldn't dream of going against @TheMightyAJ's advice though - it would at least eliminate the possibility of faulty internal wiring or filtered faceplate (if fitted.)

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks @JayG, I've placed an order to remove the capped up profile, this should allow a little increase in speed on the upstream.

@DavMcCC, let us know how you get on once you've connected to the test socket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team