cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

domain transfer - retain hosting

Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: domain transfer - retain hosting

Even more so when they are not competitive in pricing anyway!
paulcobb
Grafter

Thanks for the comprehensive answer Peter.
On a parallel subject, i'm rationalising a few domains etc.
What is the procedure to be able to transfer a hosted domain from my F9 webspace to my PN webspace?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Not sure about that. Probably best to raise a ticket and ask if it is possible. Its not something that happens every day so it may be possible via a manual process. Note: the webspace it uses will not be transfered with it.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

What is the procedure to be able to transfer a hosted domain from my F9 webspace to my PN webspace?

Yep, as Peter says if you raise a ticket we can do this. You'll need to manually transfer any files you want across between the 2 webspaces tho. If you use it for email too the CSC need to refresh the mail component on both accounts otherwise you may still end up with domain email going to the F9 account instead of the PN one.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Ianwild
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
I get sick of seeing posts pointing us to that - why can't Plusnet charge the same as Just-The-Name? Surely doing it all through a single account on Plusnet has got to be more efficient that messing about with separate accounts on both Plusnet owned companies.

I know what you mean John.
We already have the £1 a month domain renewal option, and while I still don't think we end up being the cheapest, one option we are considering is to change all of our domains to this type (or a slightly more expensive equivelant for .coms, but we don't have many of them at all). The problem fundamentally hasn't been an unwillingness to change, but a failure to make it a priority against all the other stuff we have going on. We just don't handle quite enough domains. The nice thing about the above proposal is that it would require relatively little development work as we already have the £1 domain components in place.
The other thing to note about the proposal there is that we would expand the hosting element to be included, so one could have a hosting only account with a domain on it for £1 a month, and that would be an answer for those who want seperate per domain email settings. It's still at an early stage, but support or alternative ideas from the customer base on that direction would be a bonus.
Ian