cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnection nuneaton exchange.

Daveodeth
Grafter

disconnection nuneaton exchange.

Anyone else suffering loss of net this evening? Dropped out about this morning and has not returned.
Posting from my frankly terrible phone connection. Sad
7 REPLIES 7
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: disconnection nuneaton exchange.

Im suffering badly with constant disconnections that its caused the DLM to kick my connection us not usable and been like this since around 4pm this afternoon cannot stay connected long enough to raise a fault.
Daveodeth
Grafter

On my Thompson router it is giving the message "connection could not be established authentication failed"
Is that me or at the other end?
Have a Thompson router attached to what I can only imagine is the cable modem. So I don't imagine it's a password issue as I can't change the damn thing
Daveodeth
Grafter

Status is now connected, but not one Web page works. Enough to make one paranoid.
Daveodeth
Grafter

well that was short lived, around 5 mins yesterday. still getting the auth failed error. Anyone from PN aware of issues?
dick:quote
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Daveodeth,
Aside from the Planned Engineer Works here there hasn't been anything raised regarding this so it could well be isolated to your line. Have you been in touch with the support team to look at troubleshooting the router?
It may be worth speaking to them about getting this checked over before we go raising a fault on the line, either way we should be able to do that for you in the same call.
There direct number is 0800 432 0200
Daveodeth
Grafter

Thanks will give them a ring when I get back.
I only ask about the work being done as the site below pointed me towards it not being my end
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/broadband-faults-guide-authentication/
I've done the obvious "turn it off for a while then turn it on again" and no joy.
Daveodeth
Grafter

Just to say I'm back online after phoning support.
Also wanted the thank Adam for the replies.
Phoned your support line and I can only say your chap on the end of the phone was not only extremely helpful but has the patience of a saint! commend that man.
His name is Tom and he is a legend  Smiley