cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cs 1.6 high ping...?

lilianmia

cs 1.6 high ping...?

first of all hello all Smiley
2nd i have no idea why this is but i keep getting 60-100 pings on cs1.6 and im using Broadband Your Way Pro which pretty much promisses good ping , i just got plus net so im not too comon with things like this, coz when i had virgin 2mb.. package i got 20-30 ping now its just too much i cnt play wiht ping like this ... please help Wink Cry
6 REPLIES 6
Denzil
Grafter

Re: cs 1.6 high ping...?

You probably have interleaving turned on. This is a process used to stabilise potentially unstable lines that can result in higher ping times. Your line may well be stable without it. On that package I think you can turn it off yourself by logging in to the member centre.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
As has been suggested, you have interleaving on your line.  Interleaving is something that makes your ping a little higher, but also improves the stability of your line.
If you like, we can remove it for you and let you see if all is okay.  If you do have any problems, we can always turn it back on again.
lilianmia

yh please, i dont really mind anything for phone i dont use it much :), love the fast response loving this isp Smiley is anything needed for that to be turned off? if not then go aheah Tongue
Denzil
Grafter

It won't affect your phone, only the broadband, and there is nothing else you need to do! Depending how good your line is, you might find that you get more disconnections and a resulting speed drop, but you'll just have to try it and see. Like Jameseh said, you can always ask for it to be turned on again.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
As per my PM, I've palced this order and it should complete tomorrow.
lilianmia

thank you Smiley