cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection issues

James
Grafter

Re: connection issues

If you can't log into bt_test@startup_domain we'll raise it with BT.
sandyt87
Dabbler

Hey guys just an update, I tried my old speedtouch modem and still no joy.  The error log showed that it was trying to authenticate my username and password but could not connect to the remote computer.  I have checked my  questions and got an update from you good selves saying that you have passed it onto your supplies (BTw im guessing). 
We'll just have to sit and wait this one out I guess.  Dang stuck on mobile broadband for the weekend since I can't find my 56k'r Sad
Its prob faster anyways hehehe.
I have reverted all my kit to the way I had it so i'll just keep it on so that they can perform whatever tests are needed.
Thanks again for all you support.  I really appreciate it Cheesy
Sandy
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Note to self - check if my old PCI modem would work with Windows 7  Roll_eyes
sandyt87
Dabbler

Pipex, ever been with them or heard of them? If the answer is yes then you'll know the headache that they are.  How they can call themselves an ISP is beyond all of the people that have had to endure talking to their CS since tiscali (i know i should be shot for saying that name)  took them over.  But I had a nasty thought about something.  I was at one point (before they were took over)  with pipex.  The service was good and their internet was fine.  But trying to leave them was nuts.  Getting a divorce is bloody easier in this sorry day and age.
I did CANCEL my account (didn't get a mac code since i was a bit green on how all the companies work). But I thought to myself, my broadband did work with O2 when I decided to get it back in the house if only for one day.  O2 did not charge me a connection fee for re-enabling adsl on my line since that was part of the product they sold me. Could the pipex scar that I have been left with be rearing its ugly head yet again?  Just to quench my paranoia I email pipex today to get written conformation (by post and email) that they have canceled my account, cleared my line and wont be billing me any longer.  I know this might seem silly but I have no reserved depth that this company would sink to just to [Censored] you off into staying with them/ coming back to them.  Sorry for the rant but pipex gets my blood boiling. 
I will update this thread once I recieve a reply from them. 
Many thanks
Alex(sandy)
mal0z
Grafter

I was with the original Pipex who were excellent. The T bought their domestic B/B srvice and things started going downhill.
I cancelled and moved to PN last August - but i kept getting invoices / demands and it took about 4 written letters and about a dozen emails.
But don't expect anything in writing from them to confirm account closed - I didn't get anything.
I don't know what they will be like now they have been bought by talk talk / carefone warehouse ?
James
Grafter

I suspect an email to Mr. Dunstone or a comment on one of his beloved blog posts might generate some activity.
sandyt87
Dabbler

Hmm, who is this Mr Dunstone that you speak of?  I used to get the phonecalls and letters saying I owed them money, when in fact they owed me money for still charging my account even though I cancelled the account as far back as November 2008.  After goodness knows how many phonecalls to them, I finally managed to escape! But I want it in writing so that if they come back and say anything like I owe them money I can say well got it in writing i'll fax/post email a scan to yourselves and give you a 2 fingered salute whilst im at it. FREE OF CHARGE! Aint I a nice guy.  Cheesy
This all started because they sent me an email saying my online bill was ready. Even though the direct debit was canceled. Even though the account was canceled.  Sheesh these people don't learn fast do they.
Sandy
James
Grafter

Charles Dunstone, head of CPW.
http://www.talktalkblog.co.uk/
sandyt87
Dabbler

Good morning all just a wee email to say that when I got home last night, I found a little surprise waiting for me in the form of a green internet light on my modem! 
Tried it out and surfing was a breeze and then went onto CS:S and I was getting pings of about 50 ms for uk servers and 66ms for german ones.  Can' t complain at that!
Tried speed test and at about 23:40 last night it was sitting at 2.5Mbps for download and 360Kbps for up. 
I'll resync with the exchange when i get home just before it starts getting busy.
Many thanks to all at plusnet who helped resolve this issue.  If you guys can do it in under 4 days (thats including the weekend!) then its definatly a standard that other ISPs should be looking to follow.
Thank again guys, fantastic job!
Sandy
James
Grafter

Hi Sandy,
Great to hear that.  Thanks for letting us know Smiley
sandyt87
Dabbler

So should I close off the ticket now that its back on or should I leave it open incase you want to do any more tests?
Kind regards
sandy
James
Grafter

It can't hurt to keep it open for a few days just so you can monitor your connection.
Then feel free to close it Smiley
sandyt87
Dabbler

NP I'll keep an eye on it. Then once im satisfied that its stable I'll install my new router.  Btw any reccomendations on a decent router? I wasn't too sure about the ones you guys were going to send me as I've had no experience with them.  What they like for range and connectivity?
Sandy