cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection drops

wkeating
Dabbler

connection drops

hi, i have been having a ton of connection drops lately, giving me terrible speeds
this is my current router stats
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 5824 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 39 db 10 db
Noise Margin 7 db 23 db
i have started a ticket with plusnet but  4 days later they have yet to respond.
i can guarantee that i need an engineer out to fix the line but is there any faster way to get one out or can someone on here look at my ticket?
also bt whole test
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 0.71 Mbps
2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: connection drops

I'm just looking at this for you now.
[edit]
Things have stabilised as shown below but the speeds are still poor.

You should get a update later on today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
wkeating
Dabbler

Re: connection drops

OK thought i would update here rather than start a new thread,
an engineer came out on the 18th to fix the connection, however the fault was found to be underground but he was unqualified to fix the fault.
on the 25th another engineer arrived who attempted to fix the fault but only succeeded to make matters worse as we then had no phone, he estimated that the underground would be sorted in the new few days, however i got a text for PN who said the estimated date would be on the 27th.
on the 28th still none had arrived so i called bt and said that we had no phone, he arrived today and restored phone and broadband connection to the house, he then informed me that the contractors would be out within the new 2 weeks to replace the underground cable.
so as of today we now have a syn of:
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 6176 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 37 db 9.5 db
Noise Margin 13 db 23 db
however download speed has dropped to 0.2mbps
could someone put through a ip profile reset, any temporary improvement of speed until the underground cable is replaced would be great.
also could someone give me a connection chart as i would like to see if the line has been dropping lately.
This is not a rant just an update with some questions XD