cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connected but no data

Pete4000uk
Grafter

connected but no data

first off, sorry for any spelling its 00:17 tomorrow morning!
Since yesterday afternoon I have not been able to surf the internet or download emails. my modem (a Lninksys modem/router of 2003 vintage) will connect and sign in and everything seems hunkey-doory on my ADSL MAX line. except i cant connect to any web sites or Plusnet's email server.
However, today is the dad mum went acorss to Axis telecom for her bills - her tarrif includes broadband internet. as far as i see this should not cause a problem as i have had no communication from Plusnet about anything and I have not even seen a MAC key let alone handed it over. the broadband is in my name and paid for by moi (excuse my french!) while the telephone is in mum's name.
Has somthing devious taken place?  Sad 
7 REPLIES 7
geewizz
Grafter

Re: connected but no data

I'm struggling to understand this one. As far as I can work out, up until yesterday you have been using the upper frequencies of your mother's telephone line for your broadband connnection (ie ADSL). Your mother has signed up to broadband with another company when she changed her phone supplier. That means that you don't have a phone line to assign to broadband as you can only have one ADSL connection per phoneline. You'll have to find out what the settings are for her account with Axis if you want to browse the net and use email.
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

- her tarrif includes broadband internet.

Here is your problem.
Your Broadband is now with axis.
Ian
James
Grafter

Hi Pete,
I'm afraid that your Broadband is no longer with us from what I can tell.
Pete4000uk
Grafter

thanks for the replies
the web space and email still work, is there a way to keep this going until the dust has settled and somthing has been sorted out. Loosing both would not be the end of the world but it causes a heck of a headach none the less.
thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

If you have the line, just go to WWW.portal.plus.net. and log on from there.  Goodness knows what your parents have set up, but they will be paying for all your traffic, not you.
Pete4000uk
Grafter

yeah its an unfortunate situation as i have been paying for the net since we got broadband as i was the only one that uses it (sadly). When the cold call came in I was asked if what they were offering was good and i asked 'what about my broadband' to check that there would not be a problem. as it turned out I caused the problem asking that as she then went off and said about it to the caller who signed us up for both phone and broadband. we had a similar (sorry for any spelling errors tonight!) problem with our gas and electricity supply a year or so back but thats all i will say.
If one of the Plusnet people is reading this, will i still get billed for the email and web space? i would like to keep it all until as-and-when...
Peter (who is feeling cold tonight)  Smiley 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I wonder if it is to late to cancel the broad band it one hell of a price
*£9.50 for first 3 months, after 3 months you will be charged £18.99 per month.
Minimum contract of 12 months. 8 Meg broadband is subject to LLU network availability. Calls to our broadband technical support line are charged at £1.00 per minute subject to network. These prices include VAT.
and the phone is about the same price as PN's Home Phone