cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capped speed?

adventurer

capped speed?

hi i had an email saying my speed had been capped due to going over my usage allowance, which according to pn usage report i had not but was close, anyways i upped my usage allowance to an extra gig to cover it yet my speeds are still too low
the email also stated that my speeds would return to normal after the 25th, they have not
done lots of pn tests speeds vary around 260kbps, done a mybroadband speed test now thats shows 231kbps and 91 kbps i know its peak time now but the speeds remain the same at off peak
now i do mind about the download speed but i'm more worried about the upload speed, being a band photographer i need to upload hi res images, i will need to do this thursday night so i hope i can be back to normal by then
i have sent a ticket to support yesterday but i don't know how long that will take so i thought i'd ask here too
i don't mean to sound angry i'm just having a bad day, i have a broken wrist so this has took a long time to time to type haha
oh yeah i have also tried changing the mtu to 1430 did'nt change anything so put it back to 1400
thanks for your time
oh i'm using mac os x
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: capped speed?

Hi there,
I've asked our Networks team to have a look into how your line is being profiled to make sure that the changes have been apllied after your having passed your billing date?
adventurer

Re: capped speed?

thank you seems to be sorted now, just need to restart router etc
thanks again