Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot see how much website space is used on website settings page

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

cannot see how much website space is used on website settings page

I have a website up and running, but I cannot see how big it is because my url www.nemosphotography.co.uk is not listed on the website settings page... it is on the webstats page and I can see the stats up to date.  my alternate web url is listed on the website settings page, and it shows I have 250mb space.  I have recently taken the site down for 12 hours and this morning uploaded a revised version.
7 REPLIES 7
retep
Grafter

Re: cannot see how much website space is used on website settings page

Try this link
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=mywebsite&?membermenu=websitesettings
Then click on my the 'My Webspace' icon.
This works for me on plus.net anyway.
Hope that works for you, if not give more information if you can, the website is online I have visited and it seems to be on the plus.net servers -
    Name servers:
        ns1.force9.net
        ns2.force9.net
   Peter.
shutter
Community Veteran

Yes I have looked at the website settings page..... as I said, it shows my alternate website  www.shutter.plus.com as being the only website I have.... and that is not functioning, so it shows there is 250mb of space..... and usage is 0 mb...,
When I first put up www.nemosphotography.co.uk it was very large.... 550mb, so I had to take it down and re-size the photographs, when I uploaded it, it appeared as 160mb which was well within the limits.... I needed to re adjust some links in the site, and unfortunately, because of the way it is made, the whole site has to come off, then do the changes, then upload again.... I was "off line" for about 12 hours, as I already stated, then uploaded the corrected version,  since then (a.m. today) my nemosphotography site does not appear on the website settings. Because it does not appear, I do not know if it is still below the legal limits ! !...  I am aware that it is "live", and therefore cannot understand why it does not appear on my website settings page.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I have at the back of my mind an idea that the size of websites is calculated once a day by a process that runs in the early hours of the morning. I suggest you look tomorrow morning to see if the information has been updated.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

That is correct Jelv, the webspace usage is updated once a day during the early hours. Note: it does not include any ccgi webspace.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi shutter
The Webspace Used is updated every 24 hs.
You can cut the file size by losing "Microsoft Publisher 98" and your file size will come down.  Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When you said lose Microsoft Publisher I was expecting to see loads of junk, but I've just been to have a quick look at the source and it looks very clean for generated pages.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shutter
Community Veteran

Hello to all,
Thanks for replies, very interesting !.... I have just checked my website settings (09:45) and indeed it shows my site is now at 153mb..... A few people have said get rid of MS PUB 98, however,  Jelv states he has said it looks "clean".... and I am happy with the results so far.... The site was reasonably easy to construct, and has about 480 photographs on it, so how small would my site be if I used  Dreamweaver Huh
Yes, I know the pages are seen by google as pictures, and I am trying to get to grips with re-inventing the site with "so called" free website makers. But this is now getting away from my original question....
which has now been answered. so once again,  Thanks to all for replies.
If anyone can help me with a couple of problems with dreamweaver cs3 please contact me with private message.
Thanks
Grin Grin Grin Cheesy