cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i get a new router

gerryhall
Grafter

can i get a new router

when i signed up to plusnet i didnt bother with the free router as i had a n router from previous provider (talk talk) but in the last couple of days it has decided to throw a wobbly and the speed it connects at is realy slow i borrowed a router off someone to test and i got my old speed back of just under 13 mb but the router only had an ethernet connection and i realy want to be wireless so im in need of a new router or is it too late now for me to get one free from pusnet im on the pro package the one im usin at the moment only connects at just over half a meg either wirless or ethernet  and i have had a few dropouts from it the last few days and i dont want it upseting my ip profile many thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: can i get a new router

They will usually give you a free Thomson wireless router for the cost of postage (£4.99) provided you stay with Plusnet for a year. If you leave before the year is up I think it costs £40.
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Jaggies
If you leave before the year is up I think it costs £40.

Correctamundo Smiley
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

However, I would not recommend getting the thompson, especially for wireless use as it has many problems - just see all the threads on the forum.
onowhatdoido

Do yout self a favour dont bother with the Thompson router, get your self a Netgear less hastle.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gerryhall,
Everyone has their own opinion about what router is best to use. I myself swear by the Thomson because I've never had any issues with mine. It's a good option for the initial £4.99 P&P and if there are any problems with it we can replace it free of charge. Let me know if you want to go ahead and I can sort it out for you.
Jojo Smiley