Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bt fibre optic

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: bt fibre optic

Hi weejake1,
I've asked one of our provisioning team to see if there's been any updates for you.
Jojo Smiley
weejake1
Grafter

i left a reply in "my questions"
it would be nice to be told the truth
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi weejake1,
We've not misled you in any way. Although all indications are that it is now available, our suppliers ordering systems are telling us otherwise. This could be an issue with the ordering system not having the correct date, the cabinet not being enabled or it may be that BT can take your order in advance of the exchange/cabinet being enabled. You can be sure that if we were able to get this going we certainly would. I'm sorry it has impacted you this way but it's something we don't have any control over. We have contacted them to ask if the systems are showing the correct date and have now been told it's not available until the 30th.
Jojo Smiley
weejake1
Grafter

ok this is a little more clearer..
as i understand i now ,BT are refusing to let the connection out to plusnet untill the 30th.
i was thinking that plusnet were unaware that the cabinet was available  but i understand now it  is BT wholesale that is withholding it.
ok...
im sorry too for giving you and plusnet all this grief
so can i prebook an engineer lol

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

lol indeed. We'll always do our best for you, as many on here will tell you. Things don't always go according to plan, but we'll always look out for your best interests. Smiley
weejake1
Grafter

hello again jojo..
i would like to ask the question....if after the fibre connection is made and the contract has started ie. 18 months broadband and phone...... in the first 10 days the line speed will fluctuate and then after that it will settle ....only then will we be able to assess the product for real... yes ?
if after this we are not happy with what we have bought . Is there a "get out grace period" ? where we can leave without falling into the contract's "get out clause" and thus be penalised .
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
If the speeds are significantly lower than the estimate, or the service doesn't work, then you certainly wouldn't be held to the contract however those are the only ways I'm afraid.