cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bt fibre optic

weejake1
Grafter

bt fibre optic

i am from northern ireland  and bt have been all over my land through the summer installing their new cabinets..
i have been tracking the installation of my cabinet very closely and the date given was 30th sept and i have watch 21cn engineers and whatnot engineers working away at my cabinet ...now, the last person i spoke to at the cabinet said it was finished and all that had to be done now was to notify bt.
that was 2 weeks ago and i phoned up bt and was told it would take up to 4 weeks for them to get it all switched on....which would have brought the date up to the 30th sept...in line with what the websites said about my cabinet...
now i see there has been an update to the installation date and it nolonger says the 30th of september  but instead says the 30th of december..
why ???? is it beause they know i will be taken the fibre out with plusnet and not them..
are they punishing me by not switching on my cabinet???
can someone please help me
21 REPLIES 21
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: bt fibre optic

This will be nothing personal or low priority treatment of your cabinet. The infrastructure is provided and owned by BT Openreach who get paid for providing a wholesale service whether your broadband is provided by BT Retail or by Plusnet, or by anyone else using the BT network. Ofcom require even handed treatment of all ISPs.
When ready for service dates which are exactly the end of a quarter (eg 30 Sept) are quoted, generally they are not "real" dates, just an indication that it is hoped to make the service available in Q3/2011. It is normal for that date to slip, often being replaced by the end date of the next quarter. Since it appears completion for you is quite close now keep a check on the BT availability checker. I believe it is not uncommon for the service to become available with no prior warning.
David
weejake1
Grafter

thankyou for your response..
weejake1
Grafter

just a further update on this topic.
today as i checked the usual plusnet site and BT site for the fibre optic availability, i was surprised to see that it was finally available to me ..
i quickly phoned plusnet to confirm this where i was told that the software they use to check was still saying my cabinet wasnt ready...
i disappointingly said ok
as the plusnet website said yes and the bt website said yes ,i then phoned BT .
BT politely said that i am indeed  ready for fibre and urged me to get my MAC from plusnet which i feel i want to do..
why? well, because it took plusnet 15mins for the rep to answer the phone to me and then to tell me it wasn't available ,annoyed me a little.
and when i phoned BT ,i was speaking to a rep within 40secs ( a massive difference by any standard). and then to be told fibre was available Now was brilliant news.
so tomorrow i will be phoning plusnet for my MAC after 8 YEARS  of business with them and i hope you will be recording my phone call for your so called training purposes..
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi weejake1
Sorry for the confusion, we've sent you a couple of tickets detailing that it is now available, just need your confirmation now.
Jojo Smiley
weejake1
Grafter

hi Jojo,
yes it was confusing but as you say its now sorted out.
i hated to think about life without Plusnet because ive really grown to love my sexy email address.  Wink
you have to look after the loyality of your customer and i think Plusnet have done that with me today..
many thanks
weejake1
Grafter

dear Jojo,
i hate to turn into the nagging customer but in the company that i work for we have a goal  to which our work ethic ad hears to ,
and that is to give our customer "an amazing experience" .
i cant help feel like plusnet are peeing all over my leg ,because every time i go to speak with them it takes at least 10 to 15 mins to get through...
it shouldnt matter how busy you are when it comes to that amount of time waiting for an advisor there is something seriously wrong..
look to cut a long story short...
if your fibre team dont get back to me by the end of today to give me a date for an engineer , then first thing tomorrow morning i will be getting a MAC from you and this time i will not allow your team to talk me into staying ..
BT are all over northern ireland like a rash and they are doing summersaults to get me on board with them.......
so whatever ... its no skin of my noise who i pay for broadband..  if plusnet arent organised  to deal with customers from northern ireland then just say
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: weejake1
then first thing tomorrow morning i will be getting a MAC from you and this time i will not allow your team to talk me into staying ..

That's not going to happen, it's Saturday. MACs are only available Mon-Fri 8:00 to 17:30 I believe.
weejake1
Grafter

Thank-you for sharing that with mě. I will phone b4 5.30.............today
weejake1
Grafter

im sorry for being impatient ,
i LOVE plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi weejake1,
Did you get through and get everything sorted? Certainly hope so Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi weejake1,
Your order was rejected because BTs records were still showing as the cabinet wasn't enabled. I have one of our fibre provisioning team contacting them to update their records. So, regardless of how many orders we place they'll all get rejected because of the incorrect records. We're doing everything we can to make sure this goes through, but as it stands it's out of our hands until the records are updated.
Jojo Smiley
weejake1
Grafter

yeah i would believe that ..they have always said that i am at plot 1 instead of no.1
either way....
take as long as need be to sort this out....
i have been unfair to plusnet by nearly demanding this connection ...Im sorry..
its the weekend for fks sake  have a beer and we'll start again on Monday

weejake1
Grafter

Ok the weekend is over...... Can i please have an update on this matter