cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband spped

slanjavah
Grafter

broadband spped

I can some explain in clear language the difference between speeds obtained. e.g
If I connect my laptop direct to my router - Technicolor TG582n FTTC -  Product Name:  TG582n Software Release:  8.C.M.0 - I get a connection at 400Mbps if I use wireless connection I get between 26 - 117 Mbps
On my desktop if I use wireless I get between 26 - 6.5 Mbps
I have also devolo dLAN 500 which can deliver up to 500Mbps - information is it is giving 153 Mbit/s
BT speed test gives a download speed of 18.65 Mbps
are these the results I should expect
Thanks in advance
May The Force Be With You
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: broadband spped

Hi there,

Assuming that test was done via ethernet its a good speed as it's above the estimate we've provided.
With regards to the wireless speeds it's hard to say because there's a lot of different factors that effect that such as the immediate environment, distance between the devices, if they are on separate floors etc. However it is usually the case that wireless speeds would be slower than that of an ethernet connection.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: slanjavah
I can some explain in clear language the difference between speeds obtained. e.g
If I connect my laptop direct to my router - Technicolor TG582n FTTC -  Product Name:  TG582n Software Release:  8.C.M.0 - I get a connection at 400Mbps if I use wireless connection I get between 26 - 117 Mbps
On my desktop if I use wireless I get between 26 - 6.5 Mbps
I have also devolo dLAN 500 which can deliver up to 500Mbps - information is it is giving 153 Mbit/s
are these the results I should expect
Thanks in advance
May The Force Be With You

go here http://www.speedtest.net/ ;
do a test by pressing begin, when the test finishes.... click share this result, then click the forum button followed by COPY.
then post the results back here.
for example if i use a wireless G adapter like i'm using now i get this sort of speed 
If i use a wireless N adapter, i get this sort of speed
Give it a try Smiley
slanjavah
Grafter

I have not been able to copy image however I get the following results
Download 17.95 Mb/s            Upload 1.67 Mb/s      Ping 39ms          Grade C+

May the force be with you
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Your speed result looks spot on.