Fireant
Grafter

Re: broadband speed

oh right so i guess its the ip profile hasnt raised enough yet  Roll_eyes
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The IP profile is exactly right for your sync speed and the Plusnet one is higher that is why I said that the speed test result was the only thing out of line
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Fireant, the one bit of information still missing is a copy of your Router Status Page (see page 57 of the manual it shows you the page I mean.).
Fireant
Grafter

i think this is what you mean
Anotherone
Champion

Yes, that's what we needed to see. Now at the bottom of that page (not displayed in your screenshot) you should see two buttons.
One should be "Show statistics" that you've used already, the other "Connection Status". If you click Connection Status, in the box you should see a Connect and Disconnect button - remember these, as you'll need to use them several times with the subsequent tests to avoid rebooting/resyncing.
Do you have Java jre-7u10 installed? You'll need it.
Also make sure you have no other programs running, especially P2P and anything using the Internet.
Please use a wired Ethernet connect and turn the Wireless off for the future tests.
Now, Click Disconnect (in Connection Status). Then go to the Basic Settings page (LH menu) and see where you have your Login and Password entered for Plusnet.
Replace the login with bt_test@startup_domain  and leave your existing password (as any should do), if you have a problem come back and delete the password and leave blank and try again. Anyway now click Apply at the bottom of the page. Now go to Connection Status and click Connect.
In a new tab in the browser enter 217.35.209.142 and press return. When the Speedtest page comes up, if you are prompted to allow the Java plug-in, allow it. Then enter the required details and run the test. Copy and save the results, and close the Test tab.
Go back to Connection Status and click Disconnect and then goto Basic Settings.
If the test result you got is still slow ie 11-13 Mbps then change the Login and password back to your Plusnet ones, click Apply, go and click Connect and the post the results here.
If the result was fast ie. 16-17Mbps or so, change the Login to bt_test_user@plusdsl.net and the click Apply. Click Connect. Open another tab and enter 217.35.209.142 again, press return and run the test again. Copy and save the results. Close the tab. Click Disconnect and go to Basic settings.
Enter your Plusnet login and password, click Apply, click Connect and post the results.
If you can't get 217.35.209.142 to run, try 217.32.105.42 instead. If still no joy, try 193.113.8.194. In each case, don't forget to try with a password (say Test) and a password that is blank. If some tests are running but fail, write down which run even if they fail, and those that don't run at all.
As a last resort, if none of those work with the Logins etc suggested then try Login speedtest@speedtest_domain and  password testing on each of those IPs in turn.
Sorry this is a bit long winded - good luck.
Fireant
Grafter

this is the message im getting up
You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.

•The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
Or
•You are testing your local connection to BT using
'bt_test_user@startup_domain'
Or
•You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using 'bt_test_user@domain' where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Or
•Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
Or
•You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.

ive tried what you say and the internet lite is red and just comes up page cannot be displayed
line speed is 15mb now for some reason
Anotherone
Champion

Hi there,
sorry for the delay replying, but I've had exactly the same issue here - getting the BT Wholesale Home page at http://62.6.38.125/index.html what ever login I could get to work. And the same which ever IP (of 5 that I tried) or url used, even on a conventional login. I've only once got it to run at all on a conventional login - yesterday evening. Seeing if I can get any further information.
Fireant
Grafter

hi so its down for you also okey dokey  Shocked
Fireant
Grafter

well a day and a half and will be with adsl24 and see how good them are and if they pathetic will be moving again im blaming bt why im leaving here  Roll_eyes
Fireant
Grafter

AO this is the results wired  but the domain one i entered in router and was coming up this all time
Anotherone
Champion

Still broken then on both counts  Roll_eyes
At least you've got one step further with the speedtest domain than I've managed to get it, but then if it's still broken it's no more use than a chocolate teapot, so I guess we won't know where the issue is before you go, unless of course you can get it to run this evening  Huh
Fireant
Grafter

im on the  extra package with 60gb usage ive tried the domain again and still comes up busy for some reason tried both but wont go any further so the way it is and no better then must be exchange fault i guess but  im curious if it going to be same with adsl24 and if so they will have the chance to fix it and if its the same i will be with them a month and be mac coding again as there are dearer than here
Fireant
Grafter

no change by the result in thIs evening AO  Roll_eyes
Fireant
Grafter

well the moment of truth with the new provider today sometime and see if this is any better if not well adsl24 will have the work cut out if not keep on mooooovvvvvving lol  Roll_eyes shame it had to come to this but PN  didnt manage to sort the problem out at first they wernt looking into it . and were fobbing me off saying everything was fine when infact there was a problem .