Grafter

Re: broadband speed

this was done 5 minutes ago
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

This is still not right. Hold Fire - pun not intended  Wink
Edit: Hopefully someone will pick this up again in the morning.
Fireant
Grafter

ok anotherone  what you think is not right ????
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well I've just run a consistency check on the line and it's showing a matching profile across the exchange kit of 16709 - so all looks correct from this end?
Fireant
Grafter

this is the speed result just now
Anotherone
Champion

The throughput speed isn't right Fireant. This would appear to be a rather unusual problem in view of Matt's checks.
Fireant
Grafter

ah right i thort this speed is fairly low even tho ip profile is 1634 seems to be getting less and less but sounds we no further forward at the minute but like a say would have saved me the £25s if this had been sorted in first place   my luck this like  Roll_eyes
Anotherone
Champion

There's every chance it will be sorted, I know it's being looked at.
Fireant
Grafter

no worries  Smiley least they on the case
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi fireant,
Just checked your account and it's showing we've received a PSTN cease notification? Basically that means we've been told that you're moving your phone line and service away from us to an LLU provider.
If that's not the case you'd need to raise a ticket and ask us to stop the cease, however if it is we won't be able to raise a fault for you I'm afraid as the LLU Cease order on the line prevents us from doing so.
If you could let us know what's happening there that'd be great, thanks very much.
Anotherone
Champion

What date is that effective Matt? Fireant indicated his move wasn't until the 24th.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It doesn't matter when it's for - BTw won't accept a fault on a line with a pending cease.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Although it is indeed for the 24th.
Anotherone
Champion

WRT to Fireant, Who said is was a line fault jelv? Plusenet are still looking at it and it's precisely because of this speed issue that Fireant has placed his order with another supplier. If you read the thread I have suggested that he could cancel his order, saving himself £25 cancellation fee, whilst Plusnet try and resolve this. He can always ask for a MAC again.
It does matter when it's for, because if it's before his expected transfer date then somebody isn't following the rules., so really your interjection is inappropriate, Plusnet may well be about to lose a customer and I'm sure would want to do all they could to prevent that.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I don't know who said it was a line fault - is it? I actually think it's something at his end.
Plusnet pointed out that they would be unable to raise a fault with BTw if they thought that was needed and to check that he wanted the cease to go ahead (usually when people leave it's to give up fault investigation with the current provider and see if someone else can do better).
You asked about the date.
I posted to point out that irrespective the date BTw would not accept a fault - Fireant needs to be aware of that because it could limit the investigations Plusnet can perform.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)