cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband speed.

pankyhanky

broadband speed.

I have recently noticed that my internet connection speed is changing between 11mbps to 54mbps. When i first started using plusnet i was getting upto 4gbps. i'm aware that using the internet at busy times can reduce the speed significantly however this does seem a bit on the low side. Please be aware that i am a little on the thick side when it comes to computer terminology so if anybody has any ideas why i am receiving slower internet connection i would be grateful if you could put it in plain english. Kind regards, John.
6 REPLIES 6
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: broadband speed.

Quote from: pankyhanky
11mbps to 54mbps.

Your using a wireless link, and these speeds related to the speed of your wireless network, the change will be due to interference.
To find your broadband speed try this;
http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/
Chilly
James
Grafter

Hi pankyhanky,
It's worth pointing out that that is related to your *internal* speed on your home network and not your *external* speed for your broadband connection supplied by us.
pankyhanky

thanks chillypenguin, realised i had put the wrong speed down. thanks for the help, john.
cp:blue Quote removed mod:end
pankyhanky

thanks jameseh, problem explained. john.
cp:blue Quote removed mod:end
chillypenguin
Grafter

Nice graphic PJ, mind if we use it?
Chilly
donj53
Grafter

If you are getting these variations in connection,as I was,I think you'll find your download speed also drops dramatically.I've fitted a new wireless card with constant 54mb connection and my download speeds have gone up from 37kb-1Mb to 2.5Mb-5.5Mb.