cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband password

Ian64

broadband password

Hi,

I currently have a fault on ADSL which we know where it is - Openreach cut our line to clear a tree after storm Doris, then re-connected it and it's been faulty since. However, we have to go through  the old 'plug into the master test socket, try alternative hardware, etc' routine before the fault will be passed onto Openreach. I have an alternative router, but no record of my xDSL password. On the Plusnet website, I can only see it as asterisks, so am a bit stuck.

If anyone from Plusnet reads this - can you email or text me the password using the contact details under my plusnet id.

Thanks, Ian

5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: broadband password

I think the only way to retrieve the password is to use the "Forgotten your password" link from the Log in page as it is the same as the Member Centre password (need to logout first).

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Ian64

OK - I did wonder! I know the members centre password as it's one I set and my browser has kindly remembered it for me. I thought the broadband password was set by Plusnet and couldn't be changed, but perhaps I have not remembered correctly. I'll give it a try

Thanks, Ian

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @Ian64

I am sorry to hear you're having problems with your broadband connection. I've tested your service and I'm detecting a high resistance imbalance fault. The test is pointing towards an equipment fault.

Please feel free to let me know once you're able to setup your alternative router (and ideally an alternative microfilter) in your test socket and I'll be happy to retest.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Ian64

Thanks for testing.

I have now tried 2 different routers, new microfilters, new lead, direct connection of router to test port with NOTHING else connected (i.e. no landline or associated wires),etc. All give the same results - SNR ratio's of 5-8 (it dropped to 2 last evening!, no connection ....), line attenuation's of 44 (up) and 61 (down) and current connection speed of 619 kbps (up) and 166 kbps (down) - hardly usable, so I am going to raise a fault. Given that there is lots of noise (clicks and hiss) on the dialing tone and the problem has been here since Openreach worked on the line, I think it's clear there is a bad connection.

On the positive side, the help to get my broadband password worked! Smiley

Cheers, Ian

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problems, I'm seeing the engineer's booked in for tomorrow AM. Let us know how it goes. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button