cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing notification

GeraldDiamond54

billing notification

Every month I get two e.mails from plus net about my monthly payment and two e.mails saying I have 50p discount for a referal.
I don't know how to reduce this slight annoyance to one of each as I am just a home user -one account.
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: billing notification

Do you have a domain registered with Plusnet?
If so you will get one addressed to your username.plusnet address and one to your domain address and there seems to be nothing that can be done about it.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Is your contact email address different to postmaster@username. It used to be that one was sent to postmaster@ and another to contact_adddress@username. Not sure if that has changed. I made mine the same and I have a domain registered and I only get one addressed to postmaster@username as I made that my contact address
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I have my domain as my contact address thinking that is where all PN correspondence would be sent logically.
It would appear that logic does not apply and they send to postmaster as well regardless.
Cheers Jim
Edit: I've just changed it so I will see what transpires.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think officially (T & Cs?) 'official' communications are meant to be sent to postmaster and we are required to look there for them. However if we wish we can define an alternative address; if we do so the 'official' communication still goes to postmaster but a copy is sent to the alternative address.
The intention is that if postmaster is being spammed we can blackhole that address (at our own risk) but still receive a copy of the 'official' communication. Obviously that is viable only if the postmaster address is *not* used for anything but 'official' PlusNet communications. In particular postmaster  must *not* be the catch-all address (if used), i.e. a different one must be defined as catch-all.
David