cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bbc i player 0x60 on 21cn trial

sgrobertson

Re: bbc i player 0x60 on 21cn trial

I have a feeling I am having a similar/same problem.  I find that my iPlayer streams always drop back to the ~700k stream.  Having a look with wireshark I see the packets are being calssified as 60h.  Should they be 80h.  The only page that I could find that gave any information on what the different classifications descrived 60h and 80h as being interactive traffic.(I've raised a ticket ID: 29036640 with a capture attached)
Am I on the right track with this or does my problem lie elsewhere?
I have to say that this is making me consider moving ISP as while I understand the need tor shaping and really like the open nature with which plus.net approachs it I seem to be having more and more problems.  My biggest issue is that Spotify is unusable at peak times for me and this is also down to it not being identified properly.
Thanks
Stephen
James
Grafter

Hi Stephen,
Would it be possible for you to attach the wireshark capture to a ticket for us?
We've got a workaround we used for ASBO DOg, if yours is the same problem.
sgrobertson

Thanks for the very quick reply.  The ticket I mentioned in the posty should have a capture attached to it.  If not then I can do another one for you.
Thanks
Stephen.
scootie
Grafter

is sgrobertson on the trail or are they seeing the problem on 20cn?
I am kinda keen to find out if my lack of vmbu is due to the workaround dave put in place before his hols as its not recorded any thing since the workaround.
Also if if the workaround does knock the vmbu out then if sgrobertson is on a usage limit package this may causes problems for them.
If daves still on his hols and no one else knows then plaese leave well alone as i perfer not having vmbu and iplayer working at the mo
sgrobertson

Hiya Asbo,
Yes I'm on the 21CN trial as well and a on a usage limited package for that matter.
Stephen.
scootie
Grafter

is there any update about my lack of vmbu ussage data now dave's  back 
James
Grafter

AD - We don't have a fix for that without breaking your iPlayer I'm afraid.
If we can find out why your iPlayer was being misprioritsed, we'll be able to fix your VMBU, but until that happens, we won't be able to.
scootie
Grafter

k no probs.
so that would make the workaround a no go for sgrobertson on usage limit package?
James
Grafter

Unfortunately so.
sgrobertson

Does that mean I am stuck with this not working properly for now?
James
Grafter

Not necessarily.
Your ticket is in the right place and I promise you that we'll do whatever we can to get it fixed.  It's just that the fix we used for ASBO DOG won't work on your account because you're on a fixed usage product.
godsell4
Rising Star

I hope I am not hearing PN say they will not fix the iPlayer identification of Ellanoya traffic due to a problem with the VMBU. Yes?
So what is the timescale for a fix?
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
James
Grafter

I don't recall saying that at all!
We don't have a timescale, but we're not ignoring it either.  I was talking about it with Dave last night.
godsell4
Rising Star

James,
Understood, there was a hint of implication this was the case and so I ask the question to avoid any doubt.
You confirmed what I had expected to be the case.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
daem
Dabbler

(Moved from a thread fail start)
Been with the trial quite a while now and connection speed seems to have leveled out at 14 meg.. Which is nice.
However, I've noticed a weird thing with the iplayer. The HD version of their streaming seems to be a little out of sync with the audio when full screen and in windowed mode is just unwatchable as it's so jumpy.
Ok, so this isn't the greatest laptop in the world but it does have it's own 256 meg video and a couple of gig memory. Actually I've not tried it out with my desktop as yet, which has a little better spec, I'll try it in a bit.
The other thing is with my phone. I've got a Nokia 5800 with iplayer on it and it works great, especially since you can download and save progs to the phone and watch later. However it's with the streaming and to a lesser extent the live tv (which is pretty ropey anyways). At my work, thru their wifi the streaming of older progs is fine, a little jumpy at times but watchable no problems. At home however the streaming of old programs is very bad indeed. the audio is really choppy and the video just keeps playing over itself, for want of a better description. like it's not refreshing properly.
The only thing I guess must be something to do with the buffer in iplayer (realplayer) not being able to handle the speed or sync or something?? Dunno.  It's not an issue really, just faintly annoying