Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

banded?

grahamn
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

banded?

For the last 6 days I've been running with the sync as below.
I hoped by leaving it, when it did eventually reconnect, I would be on a lower SNR, slightly faster down-load. But in the event, no change at all after I think 6 dys 100% uptime!?!
Has it been banded at this speed due to nuermous router restarts a week ago when troubleshooting?
Undecided
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: banded?

Looking at that you appear to be sync'd at nearly 16Mbps with a SNR margin of 5 which with your attenuation doesn't look far off what it should be. Are you not experiencing that sort of speed?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
grahamn
Rising Star

Hi,
I'm getting 13Mbps dwn and 1Mbps up.
I was curious as to whether this is banded as I "inflicted" numerous disconnects as the router rebooted after each config change - this was about a week ago when trying to work out the low upstream rate I was getting.
That's all resolved (QoS was in use), but based on previous line status (I'd been getting a bit higher sync and lower SNR 3db) I just expected the numbers to shift slightly that way after 6 days rock solid.
Performance not an issue, just checking that' I'm not banded due to activity that was disruptive, but not a line or equipment fault.
G.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Everything's fine on your line and profile Smiley
grahamn
Rising Star

Thanks for the confirmation Chris  Smiley