cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any admin on please

snipperuk
Grafter

any admin on please

if so could you have a look at my ticket 42243580  and knock some heads together please  Cheesy
short story is for ages i have sync'd at 2300 - 2400 and snr 5.4 - 6db  and line ip 2mb
about 2 weeks ago overnight speed drops 1mb and snr upto 15.9db  so PN paper over the cracks and cap my snr to 9db
which lifted my sync to 1888 ........
another speed test submited last night  sync  768 and snr 8.8db
2 routers have been tried and micro filters all plugged into the test socket (as it still is now )
the response i get on my tickets is the old chestnut
"values are within the acceptable limits BT set and as such we would be unable to raise this with them. "
"Due to the length and quality of your line, and the current sync speeds you have there is really nothing else we can do, as BT will not investigate the issue unless you are below the fault threshold."

i know i am on a long line but iknow what speeds i should expect as iv'e been with PN for 6yrs
any help would be great
thankyou

11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: any admin on please

You still syncing at 1888? If so and the line has been stable, I'm hopeful we can get something sorted out for you tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
snipperuk
Grafter

hi chris
sync is 1152 and snr 8.7db @ the mo so running half of what it normally is  ............ 
is there any reason why at 6db snr ir was sync at 1888 and not the usual 2400 ?
ATB snipper
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI snipperuk,
I'm not sure why. My first suspicion would be router/filter etc. I notice you have tried different equipment. Is this the best sync you can get from any combination of routers/filters?
Jojo Smiley
snipperuk
Grafter

hi jojo
sure is  Smiley  ........... both my routers are netgear and have umpteen filters
i know my line IP will have dropped but im not fussed as it will rise again in time once sorted but i cannot get a good speed ......
current speed is 1320  and snr8.6db
andy
snipperuk
Grafter

just an update jojo
just tried all my filters and 2 routers again
sync 1536  snr 5    nearly 1mb lower than what i normally get
the router stats are
Line Attenuation  61db
snr  5db
with these stats should i not be getting speeds nearer 2400
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi snipperuk,
I see that you have had some response form the faults team regarding this. It's a difficult one really. The fact that the current sync is way above the fault threshold rate makes it difficult to raise a fault. I will ask around for some ideas but can't see much coming from the fault route.
Jojo Smiley
snipperuk
Grafter

sorry for a late reply jojo
been away for a few days  Smiley
just an update really .............. i had a visit from a BT engineer and all at my end was fine
and it turned out to be  some corrosion on my line terminals in the village terminal box ... cleaned up and a line reset ...... all back to normal
many thanks
snipper
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great news, thanks for letting us know Smiley
snipperuk
Grafter

update .....
sync dropped again and snr back up to 15db  Shocked
had another visit by an egineer which rather than trying to find the fault on my line just moved me to another pair of wires and no differance  Sad
just awaiting the notes of the last engineer to be passed onto PN then another BT visit  Cry
it just seems a total waste of their and my time if they don't look for the fault first time instead of papering over the cracks and swapping wires around
at the end of the day most of BT's lines are decaying and they dont want to spend money replacing them .
second class citizens out in the sticks  Crazy
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi snipperuk,
Looks like someone's looking at that now. Sorry it seems to be dragging on.
Jojo Smiley
snipperuk
Grafter

not plusnets fault jojo ....... the service i get from you guys ( and dolls  Smiley )  is excellent
always happy to help and kept upto speed with texts ect

next step is im getting put on a fixed 2mb connection ............. no more max dsl  Cheesy
just posted a couple of questions on my ticket
1,    is 2mb the max fixed i can get
2. will the now high snr still affect my speed

regards andy