cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any 1 else on option3 havin trouble with p2p speeds

scootie
Grafter

any 1 else on option3 havin trouble with p2p speeds

4 the past week i have bein geting a constant speed of 38 K/B on my over night torrent downloads. i have fiddled with every setting i can on utorrent even thoe i know its setup right coz i have bein maxing my line out since i upgraded to option 3.
i have started a ticket last night asking to have this looked into gettin replys within 5mins got asked to do a wireshark capture for a new person to reply saying the capture will not tell them whats causing the speed cap (well why ask me to do one then).
since 7am this morning i havent had any replys to my ticket so if a plusnet staff member is reading this can u give my ticket a push for me.
so basically my reason for posting in the forum was to see if any other option 3 customers r having trouble with p2p overnight sppeds?
5 REPLIES 5
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: any 1 else on option3 havin trouble with p2p speeds

We don't charge per character on the forums, you can use full English rather then TXT speek. We even encourage it link:rules  Wink
scootie
Grafter

nice 1 chilly. im paying £20 to isp that uses traffic mangament so i know what speeds on which protcols i should be gettin and the best reply i get is telling me not to use txt talk. well chilly get use 2 it coz we r the gen that will take ova soon and dis will b the lang used in de future.
And to plus net staff if my ticket hasnt bein replyed to by tomoro morn and my p2p speeds back to normal by the end of the day. i will be getting my mac code and jumping ship to some isp that dosent big up all the we r best at customer service and then dont reply to customers problems plus one that offers unlimted usage for £8 and there thoughput speeds on p2p r excellent due to puting my sister on the network and crying wen seeing what she gets for her money.
im starting to think that traffic managment in the isp world is not needed and is just a way to max your profits.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I'm having trouble with this txt speech.
P2P & FTP has been pathetic lately - but it might have been corrected now.
I'm getting "up to" 500 K Bytes/sec at this moment in time on FTP.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

James
Grafter

Morning,
I've just posted a service status regarding this issue (there's also a 4 page long thread about it).
There's a P1 problem open, which you can see here:
http://portal.plus.net/support/service/problems/problem.php?intProblemId=51946
scootie
Grafter

cheers jamessh for the heads up on that. i got a ticket update saying somthing simlar but the link u included has cleared things up for me. shame i couldnt of had a reply to my ticket sat night or sunday morning saying it was a wide speard problem and not just my account that was getting speed caped wrongly by your traffic managment system.
but then again any other isp would of said they was no problem.
i will see tonight if p2p is runing better than the rubish 40KB/s that i have bein sat trying to tweak the settings to get it higher till the 3rd night i was 100% sure it was the traffic managment system at fault and raised a ticket.