cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another slow speed

laura
Grafter

another slow speed

hi, I have just sent a message via the support page on plusnet's site (41413729) , then came here and saw another report of slow speeds since last week's outage which was cured v.quickly - not sure now whether anything could be done from here? My noise margin is 21 db up, 15 db down, attenuation is 36 db down, 10 db up; speedtest.net shows down 0.34 and up 0.38 (I also can't use the bt speedtest site). I switched off the router for one hour yesterday, no change.  I plugged in to the test socked today - no change. Grateful if something could be done.
6 REPLIES 6
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: another slow speed

Hi Laura,
Are you still in the test socket?
Jojo Smiley
laura
Grafter

hi Joanne, thanks for replying.  No I'm not currently in the test socket.  Unfortunately it means moving the laptop to the hall and then moving a cabinet! (The glimpses you must get of user's lives is making me giggle at the mo!)  If you would like me to go back to the test socket I will, but is it ok if I do that tomorrow am, and then post to say that I am connected to the socket?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Julie,
Thanks for your time. I think I may be able to resolve it. Give me half an hour and I'll get back to you.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Julie,
Think we're sorted. Profile up to 6000k. You should see that within the next 15 minutes.
Jojo Smiley
laura
Grafter

hi Joanne, I have already seen an increase in download speed, any idea what the problem was? Many thanks for your prompt help with this, I will keep an eye on the situation and will close the question I opened earlier on the support page.
kind regards
Julie
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The profiles at the exchange were in conflict and you were getting the lowest of the 2 profiles. I rectified that and reset the line. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I'm glad it did though Smiley