cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another month same old

Deadonaslab
Grafter

another month same old

hello its been about 4 weeks since i have been on here ranting i am beginning to think the plusnet call centre likes my voice because yet again i have had to phone about rubbish speeds yes i have done all the checks  i am paying for 8mb which i never get my limit is 6.7mb which i never get at the start of the month i get 5.3mb at best the it drops to 136kb it is a good job i done all my  online  christmas shopping early but what i really WHAT FOR CHRISTMAS IS FOR PLUSNET TO SORT MY INTERNET SPEED?????????? MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL USERS OF THE FORUM
jim:red deliberate avoidance of swear filter in title removed as per Forum Rule mod:end
8 REPLIES 8
Deadonaslab
Grafter

Re: another month same old

Sorry for swearing in my post title but its the way i feel but good news my speeds up to a whole 600kbs great well excited now ????Huh
Deadonaslab
Grafter

sorry my excitement is over now i keep losing my internet connection ???????? i also feel cheated  i am paying 17.99 a month now and at least 5 days a month  i have rubbish internet speeds who is cheating who well its not me because i pay every month ????????? saying that all the peaple i have spoken to at plusnet seem very nice so i will continue to look forward to speaking to them every month and maybe next year when i know them all i will go to the staff nights out saying that maybe i should move to yorkshire and get a job in the call centre then i wouldnt have to call and i will have a internet connection that sounds like a plan to me ???????
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Could you please put your stats up?
Have you checked your internal wiring? That could be causing a lot of problems. Yes, it sounds stupidly simple, but worth checking.
Deadonaslab
Grafter

nothing wrong with internal wiring everthing  else  works fine  i think when plusnet say good old broadband from yorkshire you really have to live in yorkshire to get good broadband its getting better THOMSON GATEWAY NO BROADBAND FOUND its now coming and going i am begining to like having a good old rant on here its fun
Deadonaslab
Grafter

642kbps download upload 134kbps good isnt it
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Thats pretty rubbish.
So if its not your internal wiring, it could be something to do exchange side - have you contacted plusnet on the rubbish speed/ random disconnect issue?
Im in London, on the worst exchange ever (41,000 users) and get 3meg. Quite far from yorkshire  Wink

I think an engineer visit may be required, your card at the exchange may be faulty. Lift and shift could be required?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Xmas lights; notorious for ruining your broadband.  But only when your internal wiring isn't as pukka as you think it is.  The "everything else works fine" verification of internal wiring is not effective for broadband.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
As ReedRichards says, Christmas lights can give off a lot of interference that will disrupt the broadband signal and lower the speed. It looks like your line dropped from a 7150 profile to the 1250 on the 20th, did you put up decorations around then or did any of your neighbours? It's probably worth checking the speed at which the router is connected with any Christmas lights on, then turning them off and resyncing the router to see if it makes any difference.